I.O.U. in Default - can I file for fraud? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

flysolo32

I am currently unemployed and have no income and no savings thanks to bad timing on money I loaned. My bills are about to go belly up and I am fuming mad not only at myself, but at the person who has given me zero back. Small claims may not handle the case because it is $5,200 I am owed and that doesnt include other costs that have risen as a result of me not having my own money to use. Here's the story summarized:

An acquaintance said her landlord didnt have their new tanning salon space ready per contract, so it was not inhabited for business to resume on time. In months, they fell behind financially with personal bills due to no income The salon finally opened and they said sales recovered enough this spring to pay all personal bills w/ exception of the salon rent. They said the biz value was $250K and that a recent court hearing, the judge ordered rent paid by a certain date to prevent eviction. They said salon door locks would be changed immediately with no hope of recovering primary assets (tanning beds & room enclosures) that could otherwise be liquidated. (These are her only assets owned) They assured my 4K loaned for rent would guarantee their business survival w/ a new landlord taking over to clear them of eviction threats. To date I have no communication or effort to repay me. My basis to lend was on many points, but they didn't disclose that the new landlord's takeover wasn't finalized and the negotiations failed. It was their assumption based on hearsay that mislead me. Had I realized this I could have spoken to the landlord to gain thorough risk assessment or simply not loaned the money. Please Help!! – I am unemployed w no money to help my prep for a new job, groceries or bills.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back