I need help please

pteed

Jurisdiction
Delaware
I was hired by a contractor that runs the environmental services inside a hospital as an operations Manager. I signed an offer letter stating salary and location of employment. All pre-employment background and drug screens came back satisfactory for the contractor. My start date was April the 17th 2017. I began my training in the position and work full time. I disclosed that I had a 3rd DUI charge on my background to the contractor. They replied that it would not be and issue to have me employed at this location. On May 6 my manager came to me and said he needed my keys and badge and told me he had to lay me off because the hospital could not let me work in there building because you cant have a misdemeanor within 5 years to work inside the hospital. I left my full time job to take this position in which I had benefits and child support obligations coming out of my pay. Is this not misrepresentation? Was I hired under false pretenses? Now I am looking for work and unemployed.

I was hired by a contractor that runs the environmental services inside a hospital as an operations Manager. I signed an offer letter stating salary and location of employment. All pre-employment background and drug screens came back satisfactory for the contractor. My start date was April the 17th 2017. I began my training in the position and work full time. I disclosed that I had a 3rd DUI charge on my background to the contractor. They replied that it would not be and issue to have me employed at this location. On May 6 my manager came to me and said he needed my keys and badge and told me he had to lay me off because the hospital could not let me work in there building because you cant have a misdemeanor within 5 years to work inside the hospital. I left my full time job to take this position in which I had benefits and child support obligations coming out of my pay. Is this not misrepresentation? Was I hired under false pretenses? Now I am looking for work and unemployed.

You'll find that contractors have fewer rights, therefore fewer remedies than do employees.

Good luck.

Back