I need advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelr

I was just involved in an incident in a parking lot. The other driver was backing up and I could not back up any further without being hit by another car. Eventually I saw a clear spot and backed up. I gave the guy the finger and drove off to find a parking spot. As I was getting out of my car they pulled up and started yelling at me, swearing and making threats. Yes, I deserved some of that. I walked a few steps and spit on the car. (stupid thing to do). The driver gets out and gets in my face and starts to threaten me. I backed off by my car. The driver and his wife proceed to keep insulting me and threatening me. Then they called the police. While we were waiting for the police they kept making threats. The man said after all of this was over, he'd find me and beat me up (he said a lot more than just that). The police came and got our stories and that of the one witness to the spitting. He said that he was not going to arrest me, but the other people were going to call the State Attorney's office Monday to press charges.

Can they press charges still? Even after the threats made that the officer was aware of? After I drove off I thought the incident was over, but they followed me. How long can they still press charges after today? Obviously I need to get the best advice from an attorney, but this may help easy my mind. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back