I need advise on car extended warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

neyney731

I financed a car throught a dealer that sold me an extended warranty for $1500.00. At the time of purchase I was given a copy of the warranty contract, two months later I decided to cancell the warranty and contacted the provider, I was told that I never had a contract with them and I should talk to the dealer. I contacted the dealer and I sent a written candellation request. it's been three month since I sent the request and I have never received any notice from them. I was given a runaround; no body has been able to assisit me with this matter.
I have called them on several occasions without results. I would like advise on what I should do to recover that money to send to the lender.

Thank you.

Your post is unclear as to what specific steps you have already taken. Was your written cancellation request received by them? Why did you wait 3 months to follow-up? Have you physically gone to the dealership and requested to speak to management? I would suggest continued direct communication prior to comtemplating legal steps. Take a copy of the warranty highlighting the cancellation clause and a copy of your written cancellation letter and meet with the person who sold your the warranty. Between this person and/or management, you should be able to resolve this situation. If they don't resolve it, at least then you will be told a definite cause for their refusal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back