I might be in alot of TROUBLE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfish1

:confused: My daughter was scheduled to visit her father for Christmas, after finding out that he was in jail i refused to send her to Florida to allow the visit, as advised by my attorney(which has lead me wrong in the past). His lawyer filed a motion to enforce visitation, and an emergency pickup order for visitation. I now have to appear in court with my daughter as ordered by the judge. The father is still in jail and might not be out for the court date,which he is required to attend also. Does a man in jail have the right to file charges against me for contempt, when he was not avaliable for the visitation? What are the chances that i have actually gone against a court order? And my worst fear, what are the chances that i will be arrested for contempt, and my daughter sent to live with her father? If he were not in jail the visitation would have happened as scheduled.

Please help

All you can do is defend yourself. If he is in jail then I probably would not have sent the child to visits either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back