I have been very stupid this case is rare..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthewcollins

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can give me some helful advice.

I live in the Uk and am currently at University. I was given a pair of Wimbledon men's tennis finals tickets. I could not go so i decided to put them on ebay. I was caught by the All England Tennis Club and instructed to end the auction and return my tickets. I did this and am currently waiting for my refund. Out of curiosity i decide to email some people currently bidding on similar auctions to mine and pretended to have tickets for sale. I did this with the intention of finding out if it was potentially bidders working for Wimbledon who were responsible for my tickets problem. Anyway, the problem is this. The All England Tennis Club believe I am obviously trying to sell more finals tickets and so have asked their lawyers to deal with me. My problem is that I have no tickets I was merely pretending in order to investigate why my real tickets were voided. They have said unless i return the second pair (which I do not and never did have) they will sue me for the extra money I made on the tickets. I am stuck as I cannot return tickets I do not own, and have no idea how to prove this is the case.

It was a foolish thing to do, but I assumed they would just let me know they were on to me, and hence discover the way they find out people making money on them, I did not forsee them trying to sue me. I am curious how they will sue me for money I have never received etc.

Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back