Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial i got out of jail to find out the court says i plead to a charge that is not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roofer0700

i got out of jail to find out the court says i plead to a charge that is not in the police report and that the charge is possesion of armor peircing amunition. no mention in the police report of it and no tall form saying i signed guilty to anything of the sort. yet i did 2 years in state prison for this instead of 16 months for the charges that were valid. is there any recourse in getting this off my record?

I suggest you contact the attorney that represented you at your trial or plea hearing.
Without knowing the specifics of your case (and I don't want to know more), we are at a disadvantage.
But, even if we knew more, we can't help you.
If there is any recourse, it is with the court where you took the plea.
In fact, you were given plea documents and various waivers at the plea hearing.
I suggest you dig them out, before you contact your former attorney.
More than likely, you pled to a lesser or included offense under the originating charge.
You could also reach out to the persecuting attorney and inquire what their records show.
Don't hold your breath, courts are reluctant to undo their mistakes, assuming a mistake was made in your case.
This has to do with the doctrine of res judicata (let the thing rest).
But, I've seen some corrections taken in my time, not many, nevertheless a few.

i have a lawyer looking into it i hope. i'm going to court on another case and the reason i get hassled is because of the armor
percing amunition. i pulled the case file and there is no mention of it anywhere. no tall form in the file and all of the two page report says nothing about me being charged with it. it's a type O. someone took my license plate number as i drove out of a parking lot. i plead out because i was in jail and they told me i'd get out the same release date if i plead to it. so anyways i got out and probation violated me and i did two years at corcoran instead of 16months. sucks to be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back