I don't want the points. please help

introublewvaspd

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I received a speeding ticket in Suffolk county VA. for 46.2-870 but I was going 70 in 55. I leave va for new military base on June 9th. My court apt is for July 13. I don't mind prepaying but if I plead guilty they might assess the points to me in PA. Can someone help? Is their a way to not get points and just pay the fine? I can't afford a lawyer to go for me. Does VA ever do payment plans for tickets?

I received a speeding ticket in Suffolk county VA. for 46.2-870 but I was going 70 in 55. I leave va for new military base on June 9th. My court apt is for July 13. I don't mind prepaying but if I plead guilty they might assess the points to me in PA. Can someone help? Is their a way to not get points and just pay the fine? I can't afford a lawyer to go for me. Does VA ever do payment plans for tickets?

You can ask about diversion. I got pulled over in KS for going 57 in a 40. (I thought the speed limit was 55. I missed the sign). I had the option for diversion. I took it. I had to pay $200 on top of my fine so it was like 380 and as long as I didn't get pulled over for any traffic violations in the next six months after that, it wouldn't get reported to the state I have my license in and I wouldn't lose points.

Does your command know about this?

Courts all over this nation will allow a person to pay in installments.

If you get such an arrangement don't be late.
Why?
Because it'll cost you MORE money, and often gets another charge, which also costs more money.

If I were you, I'd investigate "driver improvement clinics", see if the court will allow it, and take it.

You can't fail, and it will make this ALL disappear.
You can do it online anywhere you have an Internet connection.
You can do it on a cellphone, but a tablet or computer works best.

This link lists VA state approved schools:
Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

You didn't need to report this to your CO or 1SG back in my day if you completed traffic school.

These days, I don;t know, so ask JAG. A simple phone call to JAG should get you a snappy answer.

More stuff to review, you can search for the ones you like.

Virginia Defensive Driving, Traffic School, & Driving Improvement Classes | DMV.org

Virginia Driver Improvement Course

The best way to avoid getting points on your license is to avoid committing traffic violations.

The best way to avoid getting points on your license is to avoid committing traffic violations.
Thank you cbg for your understanding and valuable advice. I will keep it in mind. It is my truest hope that when you encounter a difficulty in life someone will help you just the way you have helped me. Have a great day!

An excellent example of what America is quickly becoming; a nation of folks who are unable to understand that actions have consequences or the fact that just because those consequences may be inconvenient does not mean you have the right to be free of them. Just exactly the type of person I want defending my country, Man up and own your actions instead of whining about having to take responsibility for them.

I love it when I stop someone for a traffic infraction and they try to put the blame on me, saying that I'm ruining them, hurting them, etc.

No, I'm just the one who caught you.

I love it when I stop someone for a traffic infraction and they try to put the blame on me, saying that I'm ruining them, hurting them, etc.

No, I'm just the one who caught you.

In this country today, it's possible to do break their laws and legally have it undone.

You need not be rich and famous for such an exemption, either.

I do not think I am entitled to anything or have the right to be free of the consequences of my actions. Please do not assume that I am assuming I am. I am requesting knowledge of the system that has become so complicated that a layman is unable to navigate with out assistance. Is it wrong of me to request mercy from the court or assistance? Are you perfect? Have you never done anything you regret?

I have admitted that I was in the wrong. I believe you have made assumptions about me that are not correct.

Does anyone have a constructive advice specifically addressing the issue and not the assumed lack of character?

I do not think I am entitled to anything or have the right to be free of the consequences of my actions. Please do not assume that I am assuming I am. I am requesting knowledge of the system that has become so complicated that a layman is unable to navigate with out assistance. Is it wrong of me to request mercy from the court or assistance? Are you perfect? Have you never done anything you regret?

I have admitted that I was in the wrong. I believe you have made assumptions about me that are not correct.

Does anyone have a constructive advice specifically addressing the issue and not the assumed lack of character?

I managed to figure out how to get diversion when I got a ticket while stationed in KS but I didn't have a KS license.

You were told to find out about diversion.

Courts all over this nation will allow a person to pay in installments.

If you get such an arrangement don't be late.
Why?
Because it'll cost you MORE money, and often gets another charge, which also costs more money.

If I were you, I'd investigate "driver improvement clinics", see if the court will allow it, and take it.

You can't fail, and it will make this ALL disappear.
You can do it online anywhere you have an Internet connection.
You can do it on a cellphone, but a tablet or computer works best.

This link lists VA state approved schools:
Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

You didn't need to report this to your CO or 1SG back in my day if you completed traffic school.

These days, I don;t know, so ask JAG. A simple phone call to JAG should get you a snappy answer.

More stuff to review, you can search for the ones you like.

Virginia Defensive Driving, Traffic School, & Driving Improvement Classes | DMV.org

Virginia Driver Improvement Course

I guess I was thinking about speeding tickets on post get sent to the unit for the company commander to sign. Or they did when I first came in. I guess off post doesn't.

I guess I was thinking about speeding tickets on post get sent to the unit for the company commander to sign. Or they did when I first came in. I guess off post doesn't.

You're right, in the olden days we called them DRs, delinquency reports.

Back