I Don't Want Her Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying2Survive

My situation is very different. I'm at the point of a nervous breakdown because I am trying to get rid of a child who is a danger to me and my family; a child that I no longer want in my home. Georgia DFCS has turned this into a nightmare for us, even though we are the only ones who have ever done anything for this child. We took this child and her siblings into our home when we learned that they were being abused and deprived. The court gave us custody of them and for 6 years all we've had is misery with the child in question. She is rebelious, disrespectful, steals from us and lies about everything. She resents us, never accepted us as her family, and does not want to live with us either. The other siblings are older and have already moved on.

I'm desperate and I need help. I'm falling apart mentally, my physical health has been affected, my husband's health has also been affected and I'm terrified that this whole situation is going to make me a widow, or that I won't be able to hang on anymore and be here for my own children.

DFCS won't even go after the child's biological father, all they have done is harass us and threaten to make us pay child support for the child to be placed in another home. I don't trust DFCS and I'm scared because I don't know what rights we have, or what to do about having this child forced on us.

Trying2Survive
in Georgia

are you biologically related to the child? can or will one of the older siblings take her? have you talked with a lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back