I didn't steal

R

Ryanb003

Jurisdiction
Georgia
hi my name is Ryan and I do irrigation and outdoor lighting. Before I did it with a company and lost my job due to wrecking a company vehicle. and I refused the drug test LOL not funny but I knew I would lose my job over marijuana. this year he asked me to come back and during my time off I started my own company doing the same thing.now I am being let go because he's accusing me of stealing because a new guy doesn't like me. he is telling me that all mine landscape lighting for the outside of my house is his. now he will not give me my last check for two weeks pay period.but I did not steal the lights from him I have done many different jobs on my own and people bought new fixtures and I received the olnt this being the hint this being the reason I do not have all the same fixtures, some of them are broken and we're not warranted but most of them were from upgrading customer lighting and receiving old fixtures. So my question is what do I do about my check and how do I prove I didn't steal them, do I have to prove this? because it is quite hard when you don't have a customer database I have a small sized business with just me.
any help would be great thank you

If you are owed a final paycheck in GA, getting that final check is going to require the patience of Job.
Georgia has no state agency that enforces wage and hour laws; you must contact the local DOL offices below.
These are federal agencies, therefore the time to process your case could be as little as six months, or more likely 12-18 months.

Atlanta District Office
US Dept. of Labor
Wage and Hour Division
61 Forsyth Street, SW
Room 7M10
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (678) 237-0521

Atlanta North Area Office
Harris Tower
233 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Suite 650
Atlanta, GA 30303