Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks i.d. theft /fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessejmz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like your opinion on this dilemma that this girl we will call her Madison has. madison desided to help her friend out and gave her ,her i.d. so she could make a copy to get a work card and could work in america.this girl got an ticket in Madison's name.and has to go to court soon.it is a misdimeaner ticket that she was going to dispute. now Madison is demanding that she go to court and basically and in front of the judge and proecutor expects her friend to admit to fraud and i.d. theft.For some reason Madison's opinion is that her friend will get in no trouble , nothing is going to happen to either of them.so she should just go and admit to it and transfer the ticket She doesn't think that the state would be intrested in picking up the charges.personally I think that she would probabaly be in more trouble than the girl she gave the i.d. to. and i think she is more liable for comitting fraud and i.d. theft which is a big thing now. Even though the i.d. was not stolen I think she is crazy the way she is handleing it. What do you think? :( :confused:

Last edited:
Originally posted by jessejmz:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like your opinion on this dilemma that this girl we will call her Madison has. madison desided to help her friend out and gave her ,her i.d. so she could make a copy to get a work card and could work in america.this girl got an ticket in Madison's name.and has to go to court soon.it is a misdimeaner ticket that she was going to dispute. now Madison is demanding that she go to court and basically and in front of the judge and proecutor expects her friend to admit to fraud and i.d. theft.For some reason Madison's opinion is that her friend will get in no trouble , nothing is going to happen to either of them.so she should just go and admit to it and transfer the ticket She doesn't think that the state would be intrested in picking up the charges.personally I think that she would probabaly be in more trouble than the girl she gave the i.d. to. and i think she is more liable for comitting fraud and i.d. theft which is a big thing now. Even though the i.d. was not stolen I think she is crazy the way she is handleing it. What do you think? :( :confused:
Fraud and identity theft are serious crimes, despite being misdemeanors. Why would anyone want to have a record of pleading guilty to criminal activity? If Madison is talking about sentencing, then perhaps the girl might just get probation but that doesn't change the record nor the impact that it may have with regard to her status here in the US and I wouldn't discount that issue at all. This is the result of an unfortunate risk that was taken although I'm not exactly sure what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back