I can't afford a divorce but I make "too much money" for assistance.

Kyleigh

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My husband is refusing to sign the papers so an uncontested divorce is out of question. I cannot afford the legal fees for a contested divorce. I've reached out for assistance but I apparently make to much money. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

I suggest you seek consultations with some local attorneys and discuss whether your situation is such that the court will likely order your husband to pay your attorneys' fees. Otherwise, get yourself a "divorce for dummies" type book or get down to a law library and ask the librarian to help you find a practice guide for family law matters.

My husband is refusing to sign the papers so an uncontested divorce is out of question.

He need not sign the papers, and you need not ask him.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

There are hundreds of people offering advice/information on DIY divorces in PA.

Start your research, your answers await.

I looked around and talked to several lawyers for mine. I first started 3 months before I filed. One lawyer said he'd waive his consultation fee because I had dv going on and active duty.

The lawyer I hired worked from home at the time. I only paid $1500 total and he let me pay $500 a month. But my ex also never showed up to court so I got a default decree. But no retainer. Just flat fee but I looked around.

Oh Zig, just because Leslie feels the need to post to month old threads from people that havn't been here since the day they posted them doesn't mean you have to.:(
I readily acknowledge that I missed the date. Having said that, I can only hope that the link I provided is helpful for someone else who may be directed to this thread by a search engine.

Back