I called DCS on my sister.

Sleepingdream

Jurisdiction
Indiana
So i called dcs and provided extential amount of information regarding the mental and physical abuse of my nieces and nephews. Even provided my name, number, and address to dcs. Some how my sister wormed ger way out of it and the kids denied everything so now theyre filing it as a false report. Now im worried that i may go to jail or get a misdemeanor because i told the truth.

Question is will anything happen? In indiana its a class a misdemeanor if DCS deems it a false report but i have mixed answers from different sources

Last edited:
Question is will anything happen?

You're receiving different answers because no one knows what the prosecutor will do, or what will happen in court, if you are brought to trial.

If you acted in GOOD FAITH because you genuinely BELIEVED what you told authorities to be TRUE, nothing should happen.

However, even IF you were truthful, the prosecutor might believe you lied.

If he/she does believe you lied, you could be charged, and you'll be able to plead NOT guilty and request a taxpayer funded lawyer to defend your rights.

All of that chatter aside, guilty people and innocent people are sitting in prisons all over this country.

Bottom line, stuff happens.

The lesson here, if you wish to avoid living with the stress of NOT knowing what wil happen to you, stay out of business that doesn't impact your life.

If you keep to yourself and your business, you'll have little to fear from the so called criminal justice system.

Even if you do that, you could end up being misidentified or lied upon, and become another innocent person in a prison.

Yeah, life can suck beyond belief sometimes, can't it?

The lesson here, if you wish to avoid living with the stress of NOT knowing what wil happen to you, stay out of business that doesn't impact your life.

If you keep to yourself and your business, you'll have little to fear from the so called criminal justice system.

I know you're a straight shooter, and I think I'm misunderstanding your message here. Are you stating that the lesson for OP is to mind her business if she thinks a child is being abused?

Are you stating that the lesson for OP is to mind her business if she thinks a child is being abused?

That is not what I wrote.

The words I wrote have a very clear meaning.

Frankly, if a person (or persons) are in danger, I report the matter directly to the police or sheriff.

I never deal directly with child services.

If a law enforcement officer needs their assistance, he or she can call child services.

I trust my local police and sheriff.

I trust my Texas Rangers, DPS, State Police, and Game Wardens.

I also trust my Texas Cattle Association Rangers.

I have little faith in most of the others.

Back