I Am Stunned!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigress

hello

ok....im the lebanese lady who wants to marry a german man well

as i wrote my story here it wasnt for other people's amusement or entertainement..... well i wrote in this site cause i expected qualified people to give me the answers......thanks for those who replied to me and those are one person only!!!!!! im not happy cause my thread is read by hundreds and replied only by one

please people who read reply with solutions and information or dont go on reading!!!
i know im mean! sorry but i need help urgently!

im a lebanese lady who is married few months ago to a lebanese man, i met a german man andwe fell in love with each other, he is married too to a german lady with a 5 year old kid, but he works and lives in the arabian gulf and his wife and kid are living in germany cause she refuses to live with him out of her country, their relationship is negative and he visits his wife during holidays noting that they are not seperated.
i decided to get divorce and he decided too, cause we intend to marry.
but the problem is in germany as i know it takes time to get divorced for about one year. he is christian and he told me he needs one year to be 100% free.
is it right???? i want to know in german law how long it takes him to get divorce????

and can we marry in the arab gulf country where we live or any other country a civil marriage until he is devorced in the church???? or its not possible???

if we want to marry both in germany after he is divorced what documents needed from a lebanese lady to marry a german man.
or can we marry in the arab gulf country where we are???

im not christian so i need to become one , if we want to marry in the church too so what should i do to become a christian???
and if we marry only by civil marriage do i still have the same rights as church marriage????

please i need ur help soon

and be free to ask me any question

Hi.

I'll try to answer some of your questions from what I know. I'm not a lawyer, but I am an American living in Germany. My boyfriend is also married but they are trying to get a divorce now.

Yes, for an uncontested (both agree to get divorced) there is a 1 year separation requirement. They do NOT need to have 2 different addresses though! If the divorce is contested (one doesn't want a divorce), the wait is *3* years! Crazy I think!

To marry in Germany is a long process. I don't have time to write everything here today though. You need a LOT of documents which must be original and translated into German.

The only legal marriage is a civil marriage--not a church wedding. If you want to church wedding, you can, but only the civil marriage is legally binding. Also, many christian churches will marry you even though you are not Christian.. NOT all though!

Hope I have helped a little bit!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back