I AM OWED MONEY

haleyhopkins

Jurisdiction
California
A few months ago, I was hired at a medical marijuana dispensary. To which i did not have a lot of knowledge about but was in need of income. I had not been told I would be paid under the table until my third day, to which I didnt question because im very up to date when it comes to my taxes and income. When i started as well, we were promised weekly tips (the buckets were always full), which were evenly split between the employees. A month went by, then I stopped receiving all tips in general. The buckets would still fill up each day, but we were not receiving ANY of it. A month went by without getting our tips, and when i finally spoke up to ask about why and when we would get them, we were told if we asked about them we would get into trouble. Also, we would work 10-12 hours shifts, not being paid for overtime, (which we well exceeded), all this with no lunch breaks either, We ate when we could. Two days ago I had a serious family emergency i had to tend to, and was fired for it(before receiving the money they owe me! what a coincidence) What i am wondering is: Is there anyway to get my money that they owe me, or to shut this unrighteous practice down? Please help.

Back