i am having problems with my parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyboo42890

my parents kicked me out of the house, and now the wont give me my legal documents i need to get my id and go to school what can i do.

How old are you, what state are you in, and why did they kick you out of the house?

At the age of 19, you are a legal adult and your parents have no legal obligation to continue to support you. You can apply for the appropriate forms yourself.

its not the support thing i am having problems it my legal documents which my dad wont give back to me .i need them to apply for school and to get an id.

You may have to do some leg work to get your Birth certificate etc on your own-- people lose things like that all the time contact the county you were born in and get a birth cert and contact the Social Security office and get a new SS card. You can get your documents yourself you dont need your parents for this. You should have an Id ( drivers license or Identification card) already-- if you have no identification @ all you had better haul them into court to get @ least your ID -- no one but you should have your ID

my green card my birth cert.my ssi card all my school papers all my ids. i am living wit a friend and i am kinda low on cash i feel helpless and i dont know what to do ? where do i start ? i went to the ssi ofice and got a written paper that says that o am me by in order to get an id i have to have all the papers that my dad wont give back.

You go to social security office request a copy
You go to immigration to request duplicate green card
You go to DMV to get copy of Driver's license
Contact the Hospital ot County clerk where you were born for copy of BC

This what "adults" do when faced with same situations!:yes:

You are a legal adult. You do not need your parents to provide you with these items. You go to the various agencies and you apply for duplicate copies yourself.

It's time to grow up and start fending for yourself instead of depending on other people to do it for you.

You are a legal adult.It's time to grow up and start fending for yourself instead of depending on other people to do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back