I am 16 and wonder what is the probability of getting emancipated in ct

Laurennnnn

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
Im 16 years old and I have a Job that pays me suffiently , my mother on the other hand does not , her bills are always late and even when I try to give her some she wastes it on weed and to do her hair , I'm really tired of living here because she's also very verbally abusive , I don't necessarily want to be on my own I'd prefer to have another legal guardian or emancipated , just as long as I'm out of her house. She's really been abusive since 7th grade to a point where I went to therapy but dropped out I don't know if that effects me in any way . I'm just tired of it and if the probability of becoming emancipated is quite low how do I go about getting my god mother to become my legal guardian ?

I go about getting my god mother to become my legal guardian ?

YOU don't go about doing anything.

If your god mother wants to become your legal guardian, she will have to get your mother's written consent and authorization or go to court and convince a judge that it's in your best interests.

Emancipation, on the other hand, is something different and isn't going to happen.

Im 16 years old and I have a Job that pays me suffiently , my mother on the other hand does not , her bills are always late and even when I try to give her some she wastes it on weed and to do her hair , I'm really tired of living here because she's also very verbally abusive , I don't necessarily want to be on my own I'd prefer to have another legal guardian or emancipated , just as long as I'm out of her house. She's really been abusive since 7th grade to a point where I went to therapy but dropped out I don't know if that effects me in any way . I'm just tired of it and if the probability of becoming emancipated is quite low how do I go about getting my god mother to become my legal guardian ?

You might want to discuss your mother's alleged abuse of illegal drugs with your godmother, another trusted adult relative, and ask how the person or persons may be able to help you.

So your job pays you enough to pay the market value for rent (in an expensive state), utilities, clothing, food, transportation, insurance, medical care, school fees and supplies, staples, and all the other incidentals of life, while simultaneously going to school and getting better than average grades?

Back