Permanent Residency I-130/I-485(Green Card) Help for Husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerLES

My husband and I have been married for the past 2 years, and we are finally ready to do his paperwork for a green card now that I have graduated college.

He came here from Hungary when he was 12 with his family. His visa expired in 2000 and his passport expired in 2009. He went to US schools and graduated HS and attended college until his passport expired. He came here legally and underage.

I know we need to I-130 and the I-485. When do we send the work permit papers as well?

I have been looking into getting a lawyer, but we don't want to get "taken" by anyone.

Anyone have any help/hints?

THANKS!

If he's in the US illegally, he'll probably have to leave the US before you can help him. It doesn't matter that he was here legally at one time. It only matters that he's here illegally now.

He could be subject to a 10 year ban, when he leaves. You might be able to get some (or all) of that waived.

You should speak with a couple of immigration attorneys. The initial consult is normally free. Ask friends, relatives, co-workers for recommendations. You aren't going to be able to do this by yourself.

This won't be quick or easy. You are about to embark into the fecal filled bowels of a very bureaucratic nightmare. It won't be free, either. Get ready to open your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back