Roomate Husband won't leave the rental house which us in my name, not his.

missadie4

I rent a house through my cousin in Pennsylvania. The lease is in mine and my daughter's name only. He is not on it. My soon to be ex common law husband is living with me and refuses to leave. What do I have to do to have him permanently removed from the property?

I rent a house through my cousin in Pennsylvania. The lease is in mine and my daughter's name only. He is not on it. My soon to be ex common law husband is living with me and refuses to leave. What do I have to do to have him permanently removed from the property?

You have to evict him, unless you offer him a hundred, or two hundred bucks to leave/
If he accepts your kind offer of cash to leave, get it in writing and signed. Don't give him the money until you have the keys, his signed agreement to leave for money, and he's off your property standing on the road or sidewalk.

If he won't leave for cash, you have to evict him using your county court system.

You could also have your cousin, the property owner evict him.
That way might be a tad easier and faster.

Agree... And just to add, it really doesn't matter the least bit that his name is not on the lease.

Agreed, and his common law status as husband, or uncommon law status, or his real law status, doesn't matter.
Once you allow anyone to reside in your home, if they choose NOT to leave voluntarily, you need a judge to order them gone, and couple sheriff's deputies to oversee their departure.

Back