Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Husband Wife argument gets disorderly conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlblue

Hello:

My husband and I were arguing over something very petty. He tried to keep me from leaving, pushed me, held me, and then let me go. I then walked into another room. He got upset and punched a door. He ended up walking away and knocking over a painting. Anyway, I left the house and went around the corner just to chill and parked my car. Saw my neighbor who asked what happened and then called the police. I shouldn't have let her but I did. I am willing to admit I was just sour. I then left because I was on my way to a meeting anyway. The police came, called me (my husband gave them my number), and I told them I was alright. They made it seem like I needed to come back or they were going to arrest him. When I got there they asked me what happened. I explained it, and THEN they told me that I was giving a statement and he was going to be arrested based on what he and I said. Now he is being charged with disorderly conduct. we are poor graduate students and CANNOT afford this. What can I do to make sure he doesn't have anything on his record?

Thanks,

Girlblue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back