Quiet Enjoyment Hurting

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiangel

Hello I am in need of some help. I am trying to help my father out with a neighbor issue he has just now came in contact with. Let me start at the beginning to help you understand the whole issue here.

First~ My father is a retired Cotton Mill worker from North Carolina. He worked on large frames all day long. After my mother passed in 2004 my father's life changed. See my father is a kind and sweet man. He always sees good in everyone an would give his last dollar if you needed it more than him. My father knows no stranger and is truly a Blessing from God. My father is 67 yrs old now and has just recently about a month and a half ago moved into a very nice apartment community. My father's apartment is in a Senior Community. These apartment are just for Senior Citizens and no one else. It is open to 60yr old and over and they are fairly new since 2009. I thought this would be a perfect place for my dad living with people just like him "Senior Citizens." Well just so you understand my father like I stated is a Cotton Mill retiree and he is very hard of hearing. I have tried to get my father hearing aids but with limited income and him just receiving Medicare it has not been easy to do. So instead my father has trouble hearing people talk or anything around him unless it is kind of loud (not screaming loud but maybe a note louder than your "outside voice" ). Well last week my father was sitting alone watching TV one afternoon and there was a knock on his door. It was the manger and she was with one of the neighbors that lives right under him (my father's apartment is on the second floor). The manager began telling my father there has been a complaint about him having his TV too loud. She stated to him that he needed to be respectful and turn it down. As the lady that was complaining stood there behind the manger and smiled my father looked at her and stated he was sorry and he would turn it down for them. Now my father doesn't watch much TV because he can barely hear it afraid to turn it up in case he gets in trouble and made to move out. Then tonight my nephew won 2 awards from his school and me, my father, my sister, and my nephew went out to eat to celebrate around 7:35pm. When we got back to my dad's apartment around 8:32pm we sat around and just talked about up coming vacation plans. My father began talking about vacations we done as kids and going down memory lane. We sat laughing an talking about everything an how my nephew was funny when he was little (he's 15 now) and the funny things he done. We continues to laugh and let time get away from us just enjoying the time together. As I was talking I noticed it was already 10:07pm and time for us to go. As we were about to finish up my dad wanted to tell us a story about him falling in the lake an how mom was so mad and how he really misses her. My nephew was laughing at the story and how mom was so angry at dad (which he made it really cute) we then heard a loud banging noise on the floor. It was the lady that her apartment is right under my dad banging on her ceiling which is my dad's floor fast and repeating it over about 10 to 12 times with either a cane, broom, mop, or something she could use to bang really really loud with. It was so loud me and my sister jumped. I guess that was the neighbors way of saying "shut up". It was around 10:17pm at this time. I understand about being polite and trying to not make alot of noise but all we were doing was talking and just enjoying a night with family. Now my father is worried he will have to move and I feel like my father's rights are being taken advantaged of. Remember this is a senior community apartments and everyone is over 60 yrs of age and I am sure hard of hearing in some forum or another. Why should now my dad not enjoy an apartment that he pays for because one woman is complaining. Now my father has to "walk on egg shells" and not watch TV or if he does not be able to hear it or can't have family and friends over after 8:00pm due to the neighbor under him may get mad and complain!! I do not know what I can do. I looked in the lease and it doesn't state any time frames for having anyone over or watching TV for that matter. All the lease states is "Conduct yourself and require all other person on the premises with your consent to conduct themselves in a reasonable manner and so as not to disturb other tenants' peaceful enjoyment of the premises." and then it states in another place "You shall not disturb others nor use the premises in any manner that may injury the reputation, safety, or welfare of the premises, other tenants, and us." Nothing else and for that matter she was disturbing us by banging on the ceiling/floor. I have left a message with the manager about this tonight and other than that I have no clue what to do!! My dad is worried about being kicked out and I don't know if that can be done. My father has worked hard in his life and because of that he is now hard of hearing. Does this give them the right to violate his rights as a tenant since when he moved in they knew he was hard of hearing? Please someone help me!!! It is hurting me to see my dad so upset over this!!!:(

You are terribly mistaken if you assume that everyone over 60 has some form of hearing loss.

You said yourself that Dad had the TV louder than what may be considered "reasonable". And you and your family created more noise than might be considered "reasonable" for that time of night; remember someone with severe hearing loss will of course require people to speak louder than normal and that carries over to other residents in an apartment building.

You see, it's all about consideration...and the other residents are not expected to tolerate being inconvenienced or bothered themselves just because your father has a hearing problem and can't afford to get treatment. I hate to sound blunt, but it's really not their problem.

By the way - Medicare covers MANY treatment options. Perhaps this is where you both need to be looking?

Can he watch TV with subtitles?

(I do that)

Sorry you feel the way you do but you have misunderstood what my message was about. Also just for the record at age 60 there is some hearing loss with age it may not be much but as we grow older our hearing, our eyes, and our body is not the same as it was years ago. It may not be 100% deaf but there is some loss with age. Not to sound "cocky" and I apologize if it does but being a nurse I do know this to be true.

Second only the woman down stairs under my dad is the one complaining not the one on the right or the left of his apartment or the lady that lives right over him. None of them have complained and when my dad spoke to them all three of them stated they never hear him and they never hear his TV at all. My dad gets up at 730am and leaves to go sit with his mom that is 89yrs old until my uncle (his brother) gets off of work around 3:00pm. At this time my dad goes home and get dinner for himself and watches some TV til time for bed which is about 9:00 to 9:30pm. It is not fair to my father to stop living his life and to be in bed at 730pm just so he doesn't have to "disturb" the lady down stairs with his TV. Also everyone there pays to stay there the same and it is based on their income as Senior Citizens. There are some there that due to the disabilities they have like my father should not be mistreated by anyone. It is a Senior Community and like I stated he was placed on that floor and in the apartment due to him being hard of hearing. Everyone around him is the same so this is not an inconvenience for them because the ones around his apartment are hard of hearing too.
Also to let you know I am very aware of the Medicare coverage options and what Medicare will pay for and help get but thanks for this helpful information but as I stated in my message he just got Medicare and we are in the process of getting him a hearing aid to help out in a few days we should have it but this doesn't change the fact that the lady has already complained. Just being honest here I understand your trying to help and I do appreciate it but you have clearly not read my message. I never stated in my message that my father had his TV up louder than what is considered "reasonable". Also why if it is in the comfort of my father's own home he is not allowed to speak and have fun talking with family. Even those that are not hard of hearing can get above a whisper and can laugh above a whisper. I understand about being respectful and about being polite but again this was behind close doors in my father's apartment that he pays for every month to live there. We were not on the porch or in the hallway or even in the yard we were in his living room. In my way of seeing this if you want to never hear a sound from anyone you live around then maybe an apartment complex is not for you and be considered of others goes both ways in my eyes. You state that they shouldn't be considered of my father because of his hearing loss it's not their fault and I agree its not anyone Else's fault I never said it was but being considered is also being understanding to someone who has a disability even if it is only for a short time.

Just in case you felt like I was being "mistaken" and again this is not in any way being cocky or blunt like you stated this is me as a nurse showing you research studies to educate.

Hearing Loss: In Elderly Men and Women

Doctors Should Give More Attention to Widespread Problem, Researcher Says

By Jeanie Lerche Davis

Many elderly people have hearing problems, and it only gets worse as they get older. Yet they don't get tested or treated for it.

It's a big public health problem than needs more attention, say authors of a new study in this month's Archives of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.

Hearing loss affects some 2 million older adults over age 60, by one estimate. That statistic makes it one of the most common chronic health conditions affecting older adults today.

In one study, more than 90% of adults were found to have some degree of hearing loss, and despite this more than 36% of them reportedly never even have their hearing tested -- and that figure is likely far lower than in reality, says lead researcher Karen J. Cruickshanks, PhD, an epidemiologist with the University of Wisconsin at Madison. He notes that in this same study only 14% of older adults with hearing loss used hearing aids.

To get a picture of this problem, Cruickshanks and colleagues enrolled 1,636 men and women without hearing loss and 1,085 who did have hearing loss -- all who were residents of Beaver Dam, Wis. The volunteers were between 43 and 84 years old. Each had their hearing tested, then retested five years later.

The results:

21% of the volunteers lost some hearing in the five-year period.
Those who had worked in industrial jobs were almost twice as likely to develop hearing loss as those who had management or professional positions.
Men were almost three times more likely than women to develop hearing loss.
More than half of those with hearing loss at the study's beginning -- 53% -- had worsening loss in the five-year period.
Male volunteers with hearing loss had even worse hearing over the five-year period: 44% in the 60 to 69 age group; 59% among 70 to 79 year olds; and 76% in the over-80 group.
Women had a similar pattern: 55% of the 60 to 69 group; 65% of those in their 70s; and 75% in the over-80 group.

Your father sounds like a great man and sounds like you guys have a wonderful loving family. But Proserpina is right when it comes to not being their problem. I know how some older people get at that age when they are lonley.....you know complain about everything an so on, but if the manager agrees with her about the tv then she may take her word on other noise issues at night. Again sorry to hear of your dads situation and you just want him to enjoy the rest of his life. Good luck.

Sorry you feel the way you do but you have misunderstood what my message was about. Also just for the record at age 60 there is some hearing loss with age it may not be much but as we grow older our hearing, our eyes, and our body is not the same as it was years ago. It may not be 100% deaf but there is some loss with age. Not to sound "cocky" and I apologize if it does but being a nurse I do know this to be true.

Second only the woman down stairs under my dad is the one complaining not the one on the right or the left of his apartment or the lady that lives right over him. None of them have complained and when my dad spoke to them all three of them stated they never hear him and they never hear his TV at all. My dad gets up at 730am and leaves to go sit with his mom that is 89yrs old until my uncle (his brother) gets off of work around 3:00pm. At this time my dad goes home and get dinner for himself and watches some TV til time for bed which is about 9:00 to 9:30pm. It is not fair to my father to stop living his life and to be in bed at 730pm just so he doesn't have to "disturb" the lady down stairs with his TV. Also everyone there pays to stay there the same and it is based on their income as Senior Citizens. There are some there that due to the disabilities they have like my father should not be mistreated by anyone. It is a Senior Community and like I stated he was placed on that floor and in the apartment due to him being hard of hearing. Everyone around him is the same so this is not an inconvenience for them because the ones around his apartment are hard of hearing too.
Also to let you know I am very aware of the Medicare coverage options and what Medicare will pay for and help get but thanks for this helpful information but as I stated in my message he just got Medicare and we are in the process of getting him a hearing aid to help out in a few days we should have it but this doesn't change the fact that the lady has already complained. Just being honest here I understand your trying to help and I do appreciate it but you have clearly not read my message. I never stated in my message that my father had his TV up louder than what is considered "reasonable". Also why if it is in the comfort of my father's own home he is not allowed to speak and have fun talking with family. Even those that are not hard of hearing can get above a whisper and can laugh above a whisper. I understand about being respectful and about being polite but again this was behind close doors in my father's apartment that he pays for every month to live there. We were not on the porch or in the hallway or even in the yard we were in his living room. In my way of seeing this if you want to never hear a sound from anyone you live around then maybe an apartment complex is not for you and be considered of others goes both ways in my eyes. You state that they shouldn't be considered of my father because of his hearing loss it's not their fault and I agree its not anyone Else's fault I never said it was but being considered is also being understanding to someone who has a disability even if it is only for a short time.

...none of which changes the LEGAL answer.

For the record, my background is clinical drug trials. I also know of what I speak.

But by all means feel free to speak to an attorney who will tell you exactly the same thing you've been told here.

Thank you Bluemann33. He is a wonderful man and I do understand about some older people. When I was first doing my nursing degree I worked for 5 yrs in a nursing home. It can be hard on them and yes some maybe a little hard to be around due to being lonely or they are just that way about everything. She does have her rights to peace and quiet I totally agree and if the table were turned I would be the same but to a point. The TV I completely understand about that and like I stated he is getting a hearing aid and it should be here in a few days for him. The part I am upset about is how she keeps finding something to complain about on HIM and I feel like it is harassment in my eyes. Apartment walls are not thick and yes you can hear everything thru them from coughing to flushing the toilet. But NO ONE should be told they can't talk or have someone over just because another tenant goes to bed at 7:00pm and someone else may go to bed at 9:00pm. This is an apartment complex not a hospital nor a nursing home. There are no restrictions on visitations so why should someone be told to or someone complain on someone for just "living" their life. I just want some help about the matter because the way I see this going is last week it was the TV, Last night it was him having family over talking at 10:00pm and she could hear us thru thin walls and what will next week be? Is she going to complain if he coughs during the night or sneezes too loud during his sleep or if he drops his Bible on the floor trying to place it on his table at night after he has read some before bed? See this is my point it is moving forward with him staying there. The TV and the visit is the start of it so in my opinion I think the lady will keep doing this and finding something to complain about him on. I may can fix the problem with the hearing (not only for her but this is directly for him) but what other things should my father fix or give up for this woman to be happy and leave him ALONE!! This is really the point of my thread and any advise for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to both that have commented and to those that have taken the time to read my thread. I am sorry if I come across mean or angry it is not about any comments on here and sometimes reading words and not hearing them from someone can be taken in the wrong content. So I apologize to anyone that reads and thinks my words are harsh that is not my intentions at all. I just want someone to help and moving forward if this continues like I have stated my father has rights too and this is an apartment complex that he pays rent for just like everyone else there.

Thanks Proserpina for responding and I will speak to an attorney about this if I would need to and if it continues I will. I have already spoken to the local police about this and there is nothing on that side the lady can do.

But no disrespect to you and please don't take it that way but Clinical Drug Trials really has nothing to do with People's Rights. Now if I wanted information about Herceptin or what types of Pain Medications are being used to treat Fibromyalgia then I would understand how your expert advise would be needed and your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. But this situation has nothing to do with that and your knowledge has nothing to do with LEGAL or Senior Citizens that suffer from hearing loss or even harassment of someone rights. But again I do appreciate your opinion and you taken the time to read my thread.

Many television sets permit you to plug headsets into them. If you do that, you can turn the volume up as loud as you need to without disturbing others.

Some televisions sets transmit the sound via bluetooth devices.

OP, you might wish to investigate these options for your dad.

That way, everyone could be get what they want.

If dad's television doesn't support these new fangled hearing devices, you might buy him a new television and headset.

After all Father's Day is approaching!

Thanks Proserpina for responding and I will speak to an attorney about this if I would need to and if it continues I will. I have already spoken to the local police about this and there is nothing on that side the lady can do.

On the contrary - she can file various nuisance reports.

But no disrespect to you and please don't take it that way but Clinical Drug Trials really has nothing to do with People's Rights.

I mentioned that because YOU thought you needed to educate us on hearing loss. I merely clarified that by having a clinical background, I'm more than familiar with medicine, hearing loss and how statistics - those wonderful tools - can be manipulated.

Now if I wanted information about Herceptin or what types of Pain Medications are being used to treat Fibromyalgia then I would understand how your expert advise would be needed and your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. But this situation has nothing to do with that and your knowledge has nothing to do with LEGAL or Senior Citizens that suffer from hearing loss or even harassment of someone rights. But again I do appreciate your opinion and you taken the time to read my thread.

I'm sure an attorney would be delighted to take your money and tell you what you've been told here ;)

You may also want to check into the rights of others to live peacefully. Your father's rights cannot infringe on the rights of others.

But AJ gave you some wonderful advice, too.

Thanks Army Judge! I did look at his TV but it is a floor model that him and my mother before she passed away in 2004 bought. He will not let me change it because it was the last thing they did together before she passed and it is his way of holding on to her. I could not find anything even when I went to the menu of it and he can not find any books that came with it since they bought it at the end of 2003. I did try to go online and look the model up about it but really not much help there. I did buy him one for his bedroom and it does have settings for the hearing impaired and it is set for him to use at night if he wants to watch it. But with older people like my dad he feels when you go to bed you are suppose to read the Bible and go to sleep no eating, drinking or watching TV in the bedroom. It's cute but so over rated in todays world. But he is who he is and nothing more or less. I am proud to call him my father and Blessed that God chose me to be his daughter.

Thanks again and I do appreciate you reading and commenting. Like I have stated all comments and advise is appreciated.

Proserpina this is not a contest of you knowing more than me so please try to comment respectfully. I never questioned your knowledge or ability about anything. I posted that because you stated in your first comment that I was "mistaken" if I thought people over the age of 60 had ANY TYPE OF HEARING LOSS. That was just showing you that you were mistaken in believing that.

Second I have spoken with like I stated the local police and I quote from the officer "there is no law that states your father must turn his TV down or not have visitors after a certain time" the law states "Anyone that is disturbing the peace after a reasonable time of midnight then the police can be called and ask to re-frame such noise or disturbance that may prohibit someone from sleeping." But this was stated toward having a party, loud noise of a range of 50 feet being heard, music or any situation that may cause harm or disruption. All this was stated by the local police. And just so you know I did contact the Magistrate and the Sheriff's Department to confirm this and all stated there is nothing they can do about the two encounters that have taken place either on the ladies part or even my fathers part. It is strictly up to the management of the apartment complex now. And if they feel it is in the wrong then there is nothing my father or our family can really do but to sue. But again this is not just about the TV nor the visit it is about moving forward with this and if this continues with something else being a problem. The TV is a fixed statement and the visit last night well from now on he can come here or we can be gone by 9:00pm if that is what is needed but bottom line if this continues and this lady continues to complain and pick little things to complain about ALL THE TIME ON MY FATHER then I would like someone to tell me what can be done because as stated again and again this could be harassment toward my father's rights as a renter. And again in my opinion other's rights and other's respect is needed I agree but also my father has rights and my father needs respect. One should never live their life to please or to give up their right to live.

Thanks again Proserpina for your comment and just to help a little and you not feel disrespected in anyway about this but I am really needing advise passed the TV and last nights visit. I am really looking for advise and comments moving forward on this matter and what I can do if she continues to find with a fine tooth comb my father at fault with everything he does in life and ever thing he does inside his walls he calls HOME. That is the real story and need for the advise I am searching. What to do if he gets sick and is up all night coughing, sneezing or even walking fast to the bathroom to throw up and it disturbs this lady and she complains that he was walking to hard across his floor or he's sneezing woke her up and now she is without sleep. That is really what I am searching for is what we can do if this turns into harassment or a long line of complaints. Thanks again.

Proserpina this is not a contest of you knowing more than me so please try to comment respectfully. I never questioned your knowledge or ability about anything. I posted that because you stated in your first comment that I was "mistaken" if I thought people over the age of 60 had ANY TYPE OF HEARING LOSS. That was just showing you that you were mistaken in believing that.
You misquoted Pro. You stated that you are sure that everyone in the apartment complex is hard of hearing in some 'forum' or another. Pro pointed out your mistake. It is not true that everyone in the complex is hard of hearing simply because they are all over 60. Your post about hearing loss research confirms that you are wrong.
Second I have spoken with like I stated the local police and I quote from the officer "there is no law that states your father must turn his TV down or not have visitors after a certain time" the law states "Anyone that is disturbing the peace after a reasonable time of midnight then the police can be called and ask to re-frame such noise or disturbance that may prohibit someone from sleeping." But this was stated toward having a party, loud noise of a range of 50 feet being heard, music or any situation that may cause harm or disruption. All this was stated by the local police. And just so you know I did contact the Magistrate and the Sheriff's Department to confirm this and all stated there is nothing they can do about the two encounters that have taken place either on the ladies part or even my fathers part. It is strictly up to the management of the apartment complex now.
Exactly! She can complain to the apartment management whenever she wishes if your father is disturbing her peace.
And if they feel it is in the wrong then there is nothing my father or our family can really do but to sue. But again this is not just about the TV nor the visit it is about moving forward with this and if this continues with something else being a problem. The TV is a fixed statement and the visit last night well from now on he can come here or we can be gone by 9:00pm if that is what is needed but bottom line if this continues and this lady continues to complain and pick little things to complain about ALL THE TIME ON MY FATHER then I would like someone to tell me what can be done because as stated again and again this could be harassment toward my father's rights as a renter. And again in my opinion other's rights and other's respect is needed I agree but also my father has rights and my father needs respect. One should never live their life to please or to give up their right to live.

Thanks again Proserpina for your comment and just to help a little and you not feel disrespected in anyway about this but I am really needing advise passed the TV and last nights visit. I am really looking for advise and comments moving forward on this matter and what I can do if she continues to find with a fine tooth comb my father at fault with everything he does in life and ever thing he does inside his walls he calls HOME. That is the real story and need for the advise I am searching. What to do if he gets sick and is up all night coughing, sneezing or even walking fast to the bathroom to throw up and it disturbs this lady and she complains that he was walking to hard across his floor or he's sneezing woke her up and now she is without sleep. That is really what I am searching for is what we can do if this turns into harassment or a long line of complaints. Thanks again.

Perhaps you can help your father find another apartment in the complex. That's the best solution. The woman has a right to complain to the manager if your father is disturbing her.

Did I miss something though? Has there been only one complaint?

However, Pro also advised that you can consult with an attorney if you wish to proceed with suing someone for complaining to apartment management.

As I can see clearly there is more people in the world trying to pass judgement than trying to help.

Again this is not a contest to prove me wrong or any comment I state, it was me trying to get some intelligent people and some legal advise comments towards my situation but I am clearly not getting that on this forum.

Because I have more Faith in the system helping those that are not at fault than bashing to make point. My father maybe be guilty of talking too loud and turning the tv up but it was done unconsciously. He never set out to deliberatly cause any problems with the complex and this lady. He has done what has been asked and has not complained in any way about nothing being at fault. For the month and a half there has been NO complaints on my father in any way not even from the gentleman that lives right beside of him. In speaking with him he never knows my dad is home and walls are thin. So the only one complaining is the lady down under him and that IS ALL! I was just trying to get some advise to help out if this continues but it seems like some can not get off the subject of the TV or disturbing her last night. That is the past I am trying to look ahead and to be a daughter and help my father out if needed. Clearly more people need to read EVERYTHING I have said and not just the things they are trying to bash me with and to prove me wrong. I thought this was were you could post and get some advise to what to do if you are looking for it but instead I get mistreated and spoken too disrespectful. I never posted I knew everything and I never stated what I do for a living none of that has anything to do with what is going on and my father's income whether he can afford anything is not in question.

AND JUST LIKE YOU COMMENTED YOU ARE NOT AN ATTORNEY SO.. your is just an opinion

As I can see clearly there is more people in the world trying to pass judgement than trying to help.

Again this is not a contest to prove me wrong or any comment I state, it was me trying to get some intelligent people and some legal advise comments towards my situation but I am clearly not getting that on this forum.

Because I have more Faith in the system helping those that are not at fault than bashing to make point. My father maybe be guilty of talking too loud and turning the tv up but it was done unconsciously. He never set out to deliberatly cause any problems with the complex and this lady. He has done what has been asked and has not complained in any way about nothing being at fault. For the month and a half there has been NO complaints on my father in any way not even from the gentleman that lives right beside of him. In speaking with him he never knows my dad is home and walls are thin. So the only one complaining is the lady down under him and that IS ALL! I was just trying to get some advise to help out if this continues but it seems like some can not get off the subject of the TV or disturbing her last night. That is the past I am trying to look ahead and to be a daughter and help my father out if needed. Clearly more people need to read EVERYTHING I have said and not just the things they are trying to bash me with and to prove me wrong. I thought this was were you could post and get some advise to what to do if you are looking for it but instead I get mistreated and spoken too disrespectful. I never posted I knew everything and I never stated what I do for a living none of that has anything to do with what is going on and my father's income whether he can afford anything is not in question.

AND JUST LIKE YOU COMMENTED YOU ARE NOT AN ATTORNEY SO.. your is just an opinion

Bashing? Spoken to disrespectful(ly)? Mistreated? Who passed judgment? No one bashed you. No one was disrespectful to you. No one is trying to prove you wrong; however, you were corrected when you made erroneous statements.

I am also sure that we all read EVERYTHING you posted. Apparently, there has been one complaint to management and one broom-to-the-ceiling complaint, and you're trying to turn this into harassment.

Here's an opinion: There's a lot more going on with you than just trying to help your father. You have taken the neighbor lady's actions and turned them into something they're not. You are overreacting to one complaint and trying to make it into a case of harassment. You have taken several responses to your post, that were neither judgmental nor disrespectful, and claimed that we're out to prove you wrong and bash you.

You posted for advice. You received advice. You don't like the advice. Go pay an attorney.

OP, I suggest you buy your dad a tv that permits the use if headsets. He can keep his older model in memory of his beloved wife. But, to avoid further trouble, you should suggest to him to use the new one you're getting him for father's day.

Old people are cranky and can be quite disagreeable. How do I know? I am one of them. That said, you have no legal remedies, if someone is in the wrong.

You can't disturb the peace and quiet of others just because you have a disability. The complex management often sides with the whiner. That said, do something nice for dad and help him avoid a problem.

It is hard for homeowners to live in apartments. It is harder for older people. Apartment living requires sacrifice, cooperation, and a thick skin. Dad's neighbor is a bully. But, bully's tend to get their way.

Bottom line, fix this the easy way. You don't have a legal remedy. You do have common sense and money. They'll help you fix this for dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back