hurt and not compensated

Status
Not open for further replies.

poorboy

in september of 2003 i was on the job using a high volume vacuum in a confined space environment. i was vacuuming up lime mixed with water. i was wearing all protective clothing issued by my company. after a few hours my legs and back started to warm up. before i knew it i was in unbearable pain. i jumped out of the man hole and began stripping my clothes off and all my legs was beat red and some parts was bleeding. well my supervisor said that i was ok and i didnt need to see a doctor, so i washed off with some water and took the pain and found some dry clothes and was back working about 1 hour later the pain felt like it went away. about 3 hours later before i got off the pain come back i told my supervisor that i couldnt take it any more and that i needed to go to the hospital so we went together to a small hospital in a small town they really didnt know what to do they said it was second degree then the next morning i went to uc, a bigger hospital and they looked at me right away and told me that i had 3rd degree burns and i was off work for 2 weeks. my boss told me not to press the workers comp and that he would take care of me. but i was never paid so now i finally talked to a lawyer and he said that he would get me paid for the time off but he said that there really isnt nothing he can do about the scars. so now i have scars on both legs and i was doing a confined space job with no training and hazordous waste removal with no training i think that the company i worked for has violated some osha laws in that i was injured and i think that i should have some compensation for some scars that i will have for the rest of my life i dont know who else to talk to about this if anybody has some advise please let me know

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you. It sounds quite painful and I hope that at least you are healthy. What kind of an attorney did you see? This person may not have been specialized with regard to the kind of case that you may have. This sounds like it there might be a negligence case with regard to your company's placing you in a dangerous environment. What did the attorney tell you with regard to your case? Why did he think that your case would be limited to the limited recovery that he obtained?

Originally posted by poorboy
in september of 2003 i was on the job using a high volume vacuum in a confined space environment. i was vacuuming up lime mixed with water. i was wearing all protective clothing issued by my company. after a few hours my legs and back started to warm up. before i knew it i was in unbearable pain. i jumped out of the man hole and began stripping my clothes off and all my legs was beat red and some parts was bleeding. well my supervisor said that i was ok and i didnt need to see a doctor, so i washed off with some water and took the pain and found some dry clothes and was back working about 1 hour later the pain felt like it went away. about 3 hours later before i got off the pain come back i told my supervisor that i couldnt take it any more and that i needed to go to the hospital so we went together to a small hospital in a small town they really didnt know what to do they said it was second degree then the next morning i went to uc, a bigger hospital and they looked at me right away and told me that i had 3rd degree burns and i was off work for 2 weeks. my boss told me not to press the workers comp and that he would take care of me. but i was never paid so now i finally talked to a lawyer and he said that he would get me paid for the time off but he said that there really isnt nothing he can do about the scars. so now i have scars on both legs and i was doing a confined space job with no training and hazordous waste removal with no training i think that the company i worked for has violated some osha laws in that i was injured and i think that i should have some compensation for some scars that i will have for the rest of my life i dont know who else to talk to about this if anybody has some advise please let me know

i have talked to my lawyer recently he is getting me 2 weeks of pay for the time i wasnt able to work. but hes telling me i can file for something after 40 weeks from the day i got burnt and maybe get compensated for my scars. my lawyer is from a large firm with about 20-25 lawyers from cincinnati he is supposed to be good but im going to ask him about the negligence ill see what happens but if any body has any other advice please reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back