Human sized bats spotted in the P. I.

army judge

Super Moderator
I was at the Oakland Zoo early in the year and they have huge bats there. Very cool.

It's not really human sized. The body is about the size of a fox...the wingspan is about 5 feet. They eat fruit and are harmless. Kinda cute in a Count Dracula kind of way...

It's not really human sized. The body is about the size of a fox...the wingspan is about 5 feet. They eat fruit and are harmless. Kinda cute in a Count Dracula kind of way...

Yep - in person, they are HUGE.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

In Nam we'd occasionally spy such critters.
The guys called them many names, none of them cute.

We have tiny little bats here, kind of like flying field mice. They are adorable.

However...I don't know how I'd feel running into a bat that size, even knowing it was harmless.

We have tiny little bats here, kind of like flying field mice. They are adorable.

However...I don't know how I'd feel running into a bat that size, even knowing it was harmless.
We have little ones here (just outside Vegas) the kinda swarm my backyard at dusk...so apparently they are nesting close by. I was freaked out the 1st time I was out back at dusk...but now that I know they are there it doesn't really bother me.

Now...back when lil'blu (18) was an infant one got into my apt when I lived on the
Mass. North Shore. The poor thing somehow got into the common area of the bldg. My upstairs neighbor knocked on our back door and the ex answered:

Neighbor: "Ummm...What is that" pointing down at the bottom of my DD baby carriage.
Ex: "Ha. That would be a bat...run for your life."

Ex closed the door and was grabbing a towel to capture the bat and put it out...but somehow the poor little thing got in the house. Ex decided to put on his "Great White Hunter" panties* and battered the poor little guy to death.

*GWH outfit consisted of Pimp hat, tightie whities and a old sports jacket.

Thank God the kids take after me.

Back