Assault & Battery Hubby in lots of trouble pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viktoria3

Last year in june hubby was arrested for growing marijauna in our house. He has never been sent a court date for this. Last Wed he came home drunk and busted a glass and broke my glass door. I called 911 and they arrested him and are now pressing charges. I have not pressed charges or put a restraining order on him. He is starting his first night in anger management tonight. he is not staying with us he is staying with his mom. The detectives says he cant see us or kids but the judge who set his bond said he can talk to me on phone and see kids on my terms. I have called the law on him one time before about 3 or 4 yrs ago for the same thing. No charges were made then, they didnt even arrest him. He is now being charged with 3 counts of child creulty, battery and destruction of property. I was wondering when he goes to court for this will they also bring up the marijauna charges and charge him for that the same time? How long can he go to jail for this? The battery and destruction of property are felonies. What can he do to make things better for him?
My kids want us to take them somewhere but I cant see him yet. Any advice would be grateful.

Viktoria3@aol.com:confused:

Last edited:
The best thing hubby can do is clean up his act, IMHO. The best thing you could do is tell hubby to clean up his act as his back is literally against the wall. I'm not sure the court will feel a need to break you up if the situation isn't that bad -- but I don't know since this happened once before and I don't know how many other times. Please be honest with yourself...

I'm wondering whether you knew about the marijuana being grown inside your house and, if so, think about the issues.

The court date -- wait and see what is discussed. I'm not sure what you can do to prepare except truly think about whether your hubby, whom you love, truly loves you enough that he will overcome his problems. Be honest as your children's lives are in issue here. It's difficult to think that you can and may need to start over but really consider it -- many abusers never learn and don't care to learn. While many think "it's just around the corner" it never really is and ends up being even far worse and years later. Give it some thought as to where you truly are.

your children need to come first-you are enabling your hubby-he needs help! but its not your job to make the world right for him. also you are placing your children in a precarious position. child welfare may become involved and you may jeopordize your children staying with you. you need to get some counseling. you don't want your kids getting older and getting involved with drugs. your hubby needs to hit rock bottom, you need to go and get some support through domestic violence hotline and get in touch with alanon. you are not thinking properly because you are caught up with your hubby's addiction. your children need safety
and a helathy mom. take care of yourself! YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN DESERVE BETTER!! GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back