How to word an amendment to an LLC

Oscosc

Jurisdiction
New Hampshire
I am filing for an LLC Amendment with the state of NH ( LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY CERTIFICATE OF AMENDMENT TO THE CERTIFICATE OF FORMATION ). The form doesn't give much guidance on how to word amendments. I want to change the name of the LLC and the purpose/what the company does for money. Is there a specific way I would word these amendments on the form? I'd really appreciate any insight or for anyone to point me towards a resource that would help, thanks!

I'd really appreciate any insight or for anyone to point me towards a resource that would help

Here's your primary resource - Chapter 304-C (Limited Liability Companies) of the New Hampshire statutes. Have you ever read them?

New Hampshire Statutes - Table of Contents

Your second resource would be the Secretary of State:

Limited Liability Company Forms and Laws - NHSOS

Your third resource would be, and should be, a business attorney.

In reading Sections 304-C:34 and 35 I'm not so sure that Amendments to Certificates of Formation is appropriate. You might need to file a Restated Certificate of Formation. Heck, you might even have to dissolve the old LLC and form a new one.

I suggest you get an attorney involved so you don't do something that might come back to bite you.

Back