How to Stop Va Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillian521

My 17 year old son lives with his father and wife. We have 2 children, in which we have joint custody of. He owes over $5600.00 in child support for both children which he hasn't paid. He took me to court in Va for me to pay him child support bc he got mad bc my daughter is on Medicaid and she has to do a re-evaluation every 6 mths. and they ask if there is a parent not in the home. So, now I have to pay child support to him for my son but he has NOT helped w/my daughter at all. What can I do to get this order dropped? I live in NC and him in VA. I've tried sending documents to the Va courts and writing him w/no luck. I do not work bc of health problems.

You might try talking to the Division of Child support or get a lawyer. This will most likely have to be done through the court system. Someone else may come along with some additional information for you.

My 17 year old son lives with his father and wife. We have 2 children, in which we have joint custody of. He owes over $5600.00 in child support for both children which he hasn't paid. He took me to court in Va for me to pay him child support bc he got mad bc my daughter is on Medicaid and she has to do a re-evaluation every 6 mths. and they ask if there is a parent not in the home. So, now I have to pay child support to him for my son but he has NOT helped w/my daughter at all. What can I do to get this order dropped? I live in NC and him in VA. I've tried sending documents to the Va courts and writing him w/no luck. I do not work bc of health problems.

You cannot get the order dropped - what you CAN do though is request that his arrears owed to you (they ARE owed to you, yes? And not the State for the Medicaid?) are taken into account and deducted from your obligation.

What exactly have you sent to VA? Are you on disability? If not, why not?

Ive sent documentation showing he owes arrears, divorce papers w/what the judge ordered, letters to the courts and him. No, im not on disability-I was denied that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back