How to restore a suspended license in Michigan?

Brandi1185

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I was pulled over for leaving the scene of an accident after someone hit me but we both agreed to go home due to no damage. I then was ticketed to no insurance and expired registration, and after that I was pulled over on the way to work 2 or 3 times for driving on a suspended license. I completed all of my duties, probation, fines etc. and they dismissed some of the more serious charges. What steps of any do I need to take to get my drivers license back?

I was pulled over for leaving the scene of an accident after someone hit me but we both agreed to go home due to no damage. I then was ticketed to no insurance and expired registration, and after that I was pulled over on the way to work 2 or 3 times for driving on a suspended license. I completed all of my duties, probation, fines etc. and they dismissed some of the more serious charges. What steps of any do I need to take to get my drivers license back?

Start by contacting your state's driver licensing agency.

Do that right here, or call them for more details:
SOS - Driver's License and State ID - Suspended, Revoked or Restricted Driver's License
If you had a suspended or restricted driver license and the suspension or restriction period is over, go to your local Secretary of State branch office SOS - Branch Office Locator & Office Hours with sufficient identification http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DE40_032001_20459_7.pdf and your Social Security number to apply for your driver's license. You may owe a reinstatement fee depending on the type of suspension.

If you have a revoked or denied driver license, depending on your driving record, you may have to go to the Driver Assessment and Appeal Division or Circuit Court for an appeal hearing before your driver's license can be reinstated.

For further assistance please contact our Information Center at 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424).

Back