How to read a First Offender's disposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisymae

I work with in staffing and there is some conflicting information on how to interpret backgrounds that state First Offenders as the disposition. Some of my colleagues say that the First Offender's disposition is not complete until the full sentence is served and you have to look at the probationary period to determine if the requirements have been met or look for the statement of completion. Please advise.

I work with in staffing and there is some conflicting information on how to interpret backgrounds that state First Offenders as the disposition. Some of my colleagues say that the First Offender's disposition is not complete until the full sentence is served and you have to look at the probationary period to determine if the requirements have been met or look for the statement of completion. Please advise.

You should seek guidance from your employer, or your firm's legal staff.

My interpretation will vary from the interpretation of others.

I dare say that most will be close, but the devil is always in the details.

If it were my call, which it isn't, I'd look at the entire arrest and conviction record.

You might be looking at Paul Possum's first conviction in GA, but he could have several prior convictions in other states.

Again, you should seek clarification from your management chain, and or what your state law requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back