How to obtain vechicle from delinquint co-signer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stomje

I agreeded to co-sign with a friend for a vechicle loan. The dealership took the loan out in my name and added my friend as the co-signer. Friend was supposed to make payments but defaulted. I made the payments and have paid off the vechicle. Friend has vechicle and has severed all ties with me, changed phone number, moved to new address, etc. I would like to get the vechicle back to try and recoup some of my losses. My name is on the title not my friend. What is the best way to proceed?

Here's what I might do and it's your choice. I might send him a letter informing him that the vehicle is not his and is legally mine. If it is not in my possession by x date, I will need to report this fact. Eventually I will have the car and will also be proceeding with a lawsuit to recover any damages. For the sake of friendship and avoiding an ugly situation, etc. You get the picture. I'd send that letter via certified mail. If that doesn't jog your friend to return the vehicle then you'll have to do what you need to do. Thankfully the title is in your name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back