How to handle copywrite infrigement

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveaniceday

I have a small internet jewelry business. I purchased 12 Betty Boop necklaces from a large costume jewelry wholesaler. I sold 6 necklace for $0.99 each over the last 6 months on Ebay. I received a letter for King Ent. that they have filed a copywrite law suit against me. The letter says I must call them and pay a settlement amount they have determined to have them not continue with the lawsuit.

The wholesaler I purchased them from sells lots of Betty Boop items so I did not know they were not a liscenced seller and that the items were fake.

I don't know how to handle this. They have given me one week to pay their chosen amount not to procede with this.

Their letter says I have done irrepairable harm to their business for necklaces sold and they will do everything possible to prosecute me.

This is not legal Advice!

This seems ridiculous and I think if the said company think that $5.94 could do irreparable damage to a company, then there company must be in trouble!

My answer to this company would be simple.

I purchased the said items from a wholesaler of which address and details I enclose. I had absolutely and unconditionally no idea that this company was not licensed to sell your products and If I did know I would not have had any dealings with them, so for that reason I can't be held responsible for the transaction and there actions.
I therefore would advise you to get in touch with the company and deal with this matter direct and be aware that I have been jooped and that I am a victim in this crime and not an accomplice.
If this matter reaches court and the wholesaler is found guilty of copyright infringements then as a good will gesture I will gladly pay you the full amount of $5.94 of which I made in total. I can only apologise for your loss and hope you find my information helpful to yourselves.

This is only my opion and the direction you take is soley you dission, this is just another way to look at your situation.
I hope that is usefull to you

Take care

Mark.

This is not legal Advice!

This seems ridiculous and I think if the said company think that $5.94 could do irreparable damage to a company, then there company must be in trouble!

My answer to this company would be simple.

I purchased the said items from a wholesaler of which address and details I enclose. I had absolutely and unconditionally no idea that this company was not licensed to sell your products and If I did know I would not have had any dealings with them, so for that reason I can't be held responsible for the transaction and there actions.
I therefore would advise you to get in touch with the company and deal with this matter direct and be aware that I have been jooped and that I am a victim in this crime and not an accomplice.
If this matter reaches court and the wholesaler is found guilty of copyright infringements then as a good will gesture I will gladly pay you the full amount of $5.94 of which I made in total. I can only apologise for your loss and hope you find my information helpful to yourselves.

This is only my opion and the direction you take is soley you dission, this is just another way to look at your situation.
I hope that is usefull to you

Take care

Mark.

any lawyers out there, what do you think of this plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back