Quiet Enjoyment How to Evict Unruly Neighbors in Complex?

JustinSky

How to evict unruly neighbors in condo complex in CA?

My family and I have suffered extreme mental and physical stress from neighbors who talk too loudly, smoke and publically drink in common areas. The problem has been going on for almost three years. My mother suffered a stroke and I had to enter the ER due to anxiety attacks. We have written over five letters to the HOA but the problem still persists.
Those neighbors are fully aware of my family's health issues yet continue to provoke my family and me. Three years of patrol service calls and visits also sheriff deputy calls and visits. Those neighbors want my family to die.
Every noise they make echoes into our entire unit and like I said they are aware of my family's extreme sensitivity to their noise yet continue to harass and attack us. They do not care that they are creating disturbances.

Although it is hard to directly prove these neighbors caused my family's health issues, is there not anything be done with them aggravating our health issues? Like I mentioned, they do not care and want us to die and continue to have parties.

Their landlord also does not seem to care about the situation which is appalling. The HOA is very hands off. We also have an elderly woman in our complex living below us who has complained many times to those neighbors. She is recovering from cancer as well which is awful. Would a petition be a great option?

Please respond as soon as possible for the best legal action. I understand eviction is a hard process but I want to try or at least have them pay fines or have their landlord not renew their lease which ends in June 2015.

Thanks.

You are setting yourself up for a lawsuit. You have no authority to evict someone who is NOT your tenant.

You DO POSSESS the authority to move your family.

Sorry, in a free society we must often put up with a few uncouth, uncivilized Homo sapiens.

You've seen the law's hands are tied, otherwise action would have been taken.

HOA and their landlord have the authority. Can you help me provide methods for the HOA and landlord to think of my situation in a more urgent matter? For what it is worth, the police cited them a fee for noise yesterday. Isn't that something I can build off of?

HOA and their landlord have the authority. Can you help me provide methods for the HOA and landlord to think of my situation in a more urgent matter? For what it is worth, the police cited them a fee for noise yesterday. Isn't that something I can build off of?

It would appear the HOA and the tenant's landlord are aware of the issues.
All you can do is call the police if laws are being violated.

All you can do is report it. If nothing is done or they continue as they are, your options probably are just to put up with it or move. Sorry.

Back