How to ask for written opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomahawk33

I appealed a Final order of dissolution on the basis that due process was denied. I was prevented from calling witnesses and my lawyer was denied a continuance to prepare. He was hired ten hours before the final hearing. I do not currently have an attorney. Shared parental responsibility was denied and supervised visitation was ordered without cause. In addition, she was awarded attorney fees without financial affidavits or testimony and she has consistently interfered with the father-son relationship. They also gave her all my property after 18 months of marriage. The need for transcript was waived by the District Court of Appeals and the record was delayed until after the briefs were filed because the Clerk of Court failed to follow the rules. As all the case law is on my side, I want to further appeal it. The local District Court of Appeal entered "Per curiam affirmed" meaning that my appeal was denied. Now I want to get a written opinion as to why. Since the precedent was solidly in my (and my son's) favor, I am guessing it must be because of a technicality.
Question: Do I need to file a Motion for Rehearing, or Clarification or Certification or all the above? Can they be combined? Do I need to reintroduce the case precedents in the motion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back