Credit Cards, Rating, Repair how meny times can a creditor sue me on the same dedt

I was sued twice on the same debt five years apart. The debt was from 2008 and the first suit was in 2010 and then in 2015 both time I was unemployed and was not able to appear do to no real income and they got a judgment both times and in 2017 I got a job and they stared garnishing my pay so I left that job and now they are trying to garnish my bank account. By the way all my debt stems from my deforce in 2007 and I am disable and receive ssd.

By the way all my debt stems from my deforce in 2007 and I am disable and receive ssd.

If you receive social insecurity funds, those monies are protected from levy for private debts.

I suggest you contact your bank and protest the seizure of any funds to resolve a private debt.

You made a very big mistake by NOT appearing.

Your failure to appear allowed the debt scavenger to get a default judgment against you.

Had you appeared, it is very likely you would have prevailed using the claim the statute of limitations.

As long as you continue to exist on social insecurity funds, you're untouchable, insofar as the debt is concerned.

That doesn't mean the debt scavenger won't try to come after your social insecurity funds, but I told you above how to respond if that does occur.

Are you sure that it was a new lawsuit and not just a renewal of the first judgment? The timing of the second action suggests a renewal and not a new lawsuit.

Arizona allows for the renewal of a judgment every five years:

2005 Arizona Revised Statutes - :: Revised Statutes §12-1612  Renewal by affidavit

As for your bank account, there is some protection. See:

https://www.federalreserve.gov/supe...ishment_Rule_Examination_Procedures_final.pdf

Read it carefully and be aware of the limitations to that protection.

Back