how many days does a inmate have to sit in jail on a 2,000 dollar cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

chloe

How many days does a inmate have to sit in jail on a 2,000 cash bond? I have to pay 2,000 cash before my boyfriend gets out , but my question is how many days can he sit that out?

I doubt if there is a specific number of days set by law. What is he charged with? That will have far more to do with the amount of time he sits in jail than the amount of his bond.

How many days does a inmate have to sit in jail on a 2,000 cash bond? I have to pay 2,000 cash before my boyfriend gets out , but my question is how many days can he sit that out?

In answer to your question, there is no set number of days a person is required to stay in jail because they can't make bond.

Texas does have a speedy trial law.

You might suggest that your friend discuss the issue of a speedy trial with his lawyer.

While he's at it, ask him to speak with his lawyer about a bail reduction hearing.

Our Texas constitution mandates that every criminal offense is eligible for bond, and that a defendant can request a bond reduction hearing to see if the court will lower the bond or release the defendant on his or her signature (promise to appear - think traffic ticket, where you simply sign agreeing to appear).

You could speak with a bail bonding agency.

They could post a $2,000 cash bond for you and it would cost you about $250 to $300 (about 10% + fees).

Did you mean, however, that its a $20,000 bond and you can put up 10% ($2,000) which you'll get back as long as he complies with the terms of the bond?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back