Negligence, Other Injury how long would slip & fall be on store video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchilds

My sister slipped and dislocated her shoulder at a local super store (Wegman's) about 3 weeks ago and we're attempting to get a copy of their surveillence tape as proof of the fall. This happened at the checkout counter, would that make a difference if they only video certain parts of a store? How long do these stores usually keep their tapes? And do they tape over them or what? Somebody told me that if they're digital they can keep them indefinitely. Thanks for your help.

jchilds said:
My sister slipped and dislocated her shoulder at a local super store (Wegman's) about 3 weeks ago and we're attempting to get a copy of their surveillence tape as proof of the fall. This happened at the checkout counter, would that make a difference if they only video certain parts of a store? How long do these stores usually keep their tapes? And do they tape over them or what? Somebody told me that if they're digital they can keep them indefinitely. Thanks for your help.

You need lawyer for her. Most will work on contingency. She doesn't get paid, the lawyer doesn't get paid.

Hire a personal injury lawyer. He/she will worry about these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your questions cannot be answered across the board. Each establishment will have their own policy and procedure regarding video surveilance. The store will not offer the tape(s) to you upon asking nicely.

Though you may wish to go this alone, Army has given you the best advise. You need to hire an attorney and have the attorney worry about proving your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back