how long do I have? does eviction mortorium apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to this, renting a U-Haul would afford you the ability to move all your stuff at once. Last time I rented one it was about $30.00.
They're a lot more expensive and harder to find now, especially in CA. Seems people are taking them on one-way trips to ID and MT.

They're a lot more expensive and harder to find now, especially in CA. Seems people are taking them on one-way trips to ID and MT.

At this moment, in another browser window, I am able to reserve a 15' truck for 8 hours starting at 1:45pm tomorrow for $29.95 or a 17' truck for $39.95 in Los Angeles. Plus mileage, of course.

I can rent a 15' truck with a trailer for the car for the same time period for $85

Why can't you store the car at your house in your garage and work on it there?
I would absolutely love to have that car here with me. I've had that car for over 25yrs. But the only reason it was over there is because my garage is full. I have a 3 car garage with 5 classic/exotic cars and a classic bike in there. How? I have 2 lifts. (Again, I'm a car guy who used to restore cars). And my daily driver stays outside. And, to make matters worse, I had started refreshing one (trying to get one smogged/road legal. Which is a big ordeal here in CA) about a month before all this BS started. Had I known, I most certainly would not have started on that one and just focused on the one at the relatives house.
Timing is everything.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to have that car here with me. I've had that car for over 25yrs. But the only reason it was over there is because my garage is full. I have a 3 car garage with 5 classic/exotic cars and a classic bike in there. How? I have 2 lifts. (Again, I'm a car guy who used to restore cars). And my daily driver stays outside. And, to make matters worse, I had started refreshing one (trying to get one smogged/road legal. Which is a big ordeal here in CA) about a month before all this BS started. Had I known, I most certainly would not have started on that one and just focused on the one at the relatives house.
Timing is everything.
If you can afford to collect classic, exotic cars, you can afford to get a temporary storage unit to house one of your other cars so you can work on the one you left in your relative's garage.

If you can afford to collect classic, exotic cars, you can afford to get a temporary storage unit to house one of your other cars so you can work on the one you left in your relative's garage.

I've had all those cars at Least 9 yrs, some over 20. They were much cheaper back then. And I made/had a lot more money. I could never afford them now. Divorce, medical expenses/injuries and other things take their toll. And I keep them because they are (unexpectedly) appreciating assets. I consider them my 401k/IRA. Some day when I need to make a house payment and can't afford to, I'll sell them as needed.
If I had an abundance of money, I would buy some land nearby and build a shop. I don't.
Money comes and money goes. Enjoy it when you have it. And make the most of things when you don't.
Besides, this is about the manner in which this came about. Let's not lose focus.

Last edited:
I've had all those cars at Least 9 yrs, some over 20. They were much cheaper back then. And I made/had a lot more money. I could never afford them now. Divorce, medical expenses/injuries and other things take their toll. And I keep them because they are (unexpectedly) appreciating assets. I consider them my 401k/IRA. Some day when I need to make a house payment and can't afford to, I'll sell them as needed.
If I had an abundance of money, I would buy some land nearby and build a shop. I don't.
Money comes and money goes. Enjoy it when you have it. And make the most of things when you don't.
Besides, this is about the manner in which this came about. Let's not lose focus.
I'm glad you explained all this. The simple fact of the matter is that you are CHOOSING your path, it was not thrust upon you.

...The simple fact of the matter is that you are CHOOSING your path, it was not thrust upon you.

How dare you. You know nothing about "my path".....
I did NOT choose to lose my father 6 weeks after I turned 17.
I did NOT choose to get run over by a car while riding my bicycle, end up in the hospital with amnesia, back problems (which I never had before), enormous medical bills, etc. etc.
I did NOT choose to later end up blowing out my ACL in a different incident.
I did NOT choose to dislocate both shoulders in different accidents after that.
I did NOT choose to get carpal tunnel in both hands.
I did NOT choose ...... sooooooo much more.

I DID CHOOSE to overcome all that (and way more before and since) and move forward. Physically, mentally and emotionally. Learn to walk again. etc. That's just a smidgen of what I've been through. And that's just within the last few years.

Regarding this matter-
I did NOT choose to be notified many days after the house was listed that it was going to be sold.
I did NOT choose to be told by my sister she was putting my mother in an old folks home after she was already moved.
I did NOT choose to call my mother on my mother's cell phone after I found out all this only to have my sister rip the phone out of my mother's hands and have my sister tell me not to call my mother and hang it up. Or to have my sister keep my mom at her house for a couple of weeks so I couldn't see her in person. Or talk to her freely.
And it gets uglier. I could go on and on regarding this scenario alone, but that's irrelevant to the initial question and is more of a personal nature.
But the point is, I CHOSE NONE OF THAT. ALL OF THAT WAS ALL THRUST ON ME.
The ONLY thing I CAN CHOOSE is how I respond/react.

I am by no means asking for anyone to feel sorry for me. No. And don't want any pity or anything like that. None. I'll have none of it. I only mention it to highlight your ignorance of "my path" as you put it. And your arrogance to even begin to think you can begin to know or understand "my path". You know nothing about "my path". (Other than the little I've shared here.)
- "You shouldn't judge someone till you've walked a mile in their shoes."
I DO CHOOSE to move forward after this. And will. And whoever or whatever obstacles come my way, I WILL overcome that as well. Always have. Always will. I would have been dead if I hadn't. But again, that's irrelevant here.

I can eventually figure out what to do with the car. That is sooo NOT what this post was about. (But for those who provided truly insightful solutions, I thank you. Some are well thought out from start to finish, ie: put a working car in storage and switch cars so I can work on this one. Although I still haven't been able to get the working part I need. But I digress.) And I have sold some of the MCM furniture I had in the garage which will cover at least a partial 1st months rent for a storage.

I am determined enough to find solutions for whatever situation I may find myself in. Always have. But again, I won't even go there. I was just looking for some hopefully professional LEGAL direction/guidance from this forum. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less. And to those who contributed in that vein, thank you for sharing your time, knowledge and experience. And addressing the question at hand.

May all who have contributed in any manner be rewarded many times over in like manner with the same in return.

p.s. -for you spelling bee checkers, enjoy.
"Ignorance is bliss."

Thread closed, too contentious.

No more assistance available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back