Weapons, Guns, Firearms How long can you be held in jail without any charges

A proper answer depends on what charge landed a person in jail. For example, if you're charged with terrorism, you could be held for years.

A proper answer depends on what charge landed a person in jail. For example, if you're charged with terrorism, you could be held for years.
The police came to my house with a search warrant for my boyfriend, my boyfriend doesn't live with me nor does he receive any mail so he's been locked up since the 11th of this month. His case is pending but he has a bail. He have not been to court either so my question is how long can they keep him if his cad is still pending?

The police came to my house with a search warrant for my boyfriend, my boyfriend doesn't live with me nor does he receive any mail so he's been locked up since the 11th of this month. His case is pending but he has a bail. He have not been to court either so my question is how long can they keep him if his cad is still pending?

As I said, it depends on WHAT he's been charged with, for example, murder, rape, child molestation, treason, arson, etc... A very long time,,,,

A firearm and he's a felon but its my firearm

That's a serious felony.
Felons can't even touch a firearm.
Expect him to be convicted and do years in prison.
If he's on parole or probation, expect to be years, maybe a decade or more.

If he has a bond you can pay a bail bonding agency to get him sprung.

That's a serious felony.
Felons can't even touch a firearm.
Expect him to be convicted and do years in prison.
If he's on parole or probation, expect to be years, maybe a decade or more.

If he has a bond you can pay a bail bonding agency to get him sprung.
He's not on parole or probation...and he didn't know I had it...they found it in my closet

He's not on parole or probation...and he didn't know I had it...they found it in my closet

As suggested, pay his bond, get him sprung.
Hire him a lawyer, or he might be able to get a public defender.
You can call the jail and ask if he has a bond, how much is the bond.
The answer will at least give you real information.
You wouldn't have to guess.
Some jails you can learn such info online.

Yep- he can get out as soon as he pays his bail amount. That is apparently the only reason he is still in custody.
Typically an arraignment will happen within a couple days of an arrest but there are factors that could delay it.

I would just walk away if I was you. I learned the hard way about bailing someone out. You better make sure that money is in YOUR name if you pay it to the court. If not, kiss it goodbye.

Back