Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial How do my nieghbors keep a property thief in jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernadette

My husbands friend killed his own brother in our house. They got the brother and dollyed him to a local park and threw him on cactuses. When the police searched the crime scene and found a lot of stollen property. Now the DA wants to let him out.This happened around March 1,2012. What do the nieghbors do to keep him in? He is violent(at least to me)!;) Still married, separated 7yrs.

Neighbors don't have any say in the matter, although they could let their feelings be known to the DA.
It is unlikely that you have all the facts, and it is possible the DA doesn't either.

Oh ok. I check the court records daily and it said immediate release. But your probably right. I dont know exactly whats goin on. I wish I could get more info. bit i dont know how.:-\

Until a person is convicted of a crime, they are cloaked in the presumption of innocence.
That means they have a right to bail.
Very few people, no matter how hideous or heinous the allegation, are e er denied the right to bail.
It may be a high bail, but it can't be so high as to eliminate the possibility of their release.
Bail can not be punitive.
Bottom line, even the DA will be hard pressed to keep an accused person confined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back