How do I question my witnesses?? Proper wording...Do I make objections??

Pamella

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I have to act as my own lawyer in a final hearing to obtain a 5 year CPO...I have witnesses but I am unsure on how to form my questions...the proper way. I don't know if the respondent has a lawyer...he's actually incarcerated already due to another case that involved my son. What about objections? I know I have the right to object but I'm not going to know when it's appropriate...Any help is definitely so greatly appreciated...

I have to act as my own lawyer in a final hearing to obtain a 5 year CPO...I have witnesses but I am unsure on how to form my questions...the proper way. I don't know if the respondent has a lawyer...he's actually incarcerated already due to another case that involved my son. What about objections? I know I have the right to object but I'm not going to know when it's appropriate...Any help is definitely so greatly appreciated...

If someone is incarcerated, in all likelihood that party won't attend.
Should the party not be in attendance, you can simply ask the judge for a default verdict in your favor.

As a layperson operating "pro se" the judge will allow you great leeway.

There's no way I can tutor you as to proper courtroom etiquette.
Not to worry, just listen to the judge.

In fact, if you don't receive your order of protection, why worry?
The other party is living in a state run penal colony.
That critter is no threat to you locked away on a penal plantation.

Critters of the criminal persuasion don't care about pretty pieces of legal paper any more than the critters care about our constitution and laws others in our civilized society don't dare to violate.

The best thing you can do is forget you ever knew this critter.
If the critter ever gets released from the penal colony, stay away from it.

Again, that violent critter won't be deterred by a piece of paper.
However, there are other safeguards you can avail yourself of to keep the critter out of your life.

If someone is incarcerated, in all likelihood that party won't attend.
Should the party not be in attendance, you can simply ask the judge for a default verdict in your favor.

As a layperson operating "pro se" the judge will allow you great leeway.

There's no way I can tutor you as to proper courtroom etiquette.
Not to worry, just listen to the judge.

In fact, if you don't receive your order of protection, why worry?
The other party is living in a state run penal colony.
That critter is no threat to you locked away on a penal plantation.

Critters of the criminal persuasion don't care about pretty pieces of legal paper any more than the critters care about our constitution and laws others in our civilized society don't dare to violate.

The best thing you can do is forget you ever knew this critter.
If the critter ever gets released from the penal colony, stay away from it.

Again, that violent critter won't be deterred by a piece of paper.
However, there are other safeguards you can avail yourself of to keep the critter out of your life.
Thank you for responding...I've already started taking the extra steps to prepare for his eventual release...He claims he will seek revenge...I've researched and researched on being my own lawyer and hopefully what I have is good enough...Again, thank you...Thank you very much...

With a judge only you probably don't need to be as concerned about objecting. The judge may intervene for you if something is inappropriate and he/she will know what to filter out in their deliberation.

If this criminal contacts you from prison, you can write to the warden (or call the warden) and complain.

You betcha the criminal wont be allowed to contact you again while serving his time in the state penal colony.

You've already beaten this creepy, convicted felon.
Those big beautiful walls, barbed wire fences, thick iron bars, concrete walls, and armed correctional officers are the best protection ALL of us can have.

That useless bullying thug is locked up like the savage beast he tried to be.

That's sooooo much better than a piece of pretty legal paper.

Everyday when that savage thug goes to sleep on that iron cot, he's restrained from hurting anyone but other thug savages.

If this criminal contacts you from prison, you can write to the warden (or call the warden) and complain.

You betcha the criminal wont be allowed to contact you again while serving his time in the state penal colony.
He actually wrote his sister and said how he's going to hurt me really bad when he gets out...I have the letter and am definitely using it as evidence...

He actually wrote his sister and said how he's going to hurt me really bad when he gets out...I have the letter and am definitely using it as evidence...

Call the warden.
Tell the warden what he wrote.
Fax a copy of the letter to the warden, or scan and email it to the warden.

There are laws that exist to protect decent people from these vicious thugs.

After you contact the warden, results will be swift.

Also contact the prosecutor, and the local police.
That dummy thug committed another crime.

Try it, today!

Back