How Do I Fire My Court Appointed Attorney or Reschedule My Arraignment Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Cherokee

I have a class A felony charge. Jan.8th is my felony arraignment date , and I have not talked to my court appointed attorney once. He has not returned my calls, however I have talked to his secretary, 2 months ago and she assured me " don't worry,everything will be okay. Mr. blank is an excellent attorney,take care of your other problems for now." Well, in the meantime I have gotten an unrelated misdemeanor warrant for an unpaid fine. When I go to my felony arraignment, I more than likely will be remanded to county jail on the misdemeanor warrant. I don't think the arraignment judge is going to like that too much as I have been out on a P.R. bond since being arrested for the felony charge (different judge). I want my attorney to delay the arraignment day So I can possibly get a plea on the table and then go take care of the misdemeanor fine.Or delay the arraignment date and sit my fine out If I delay the arraignment date and sit out my fine does my P.R.bond for the felony get revoked? Do you know how much time one has to be able to change or reschedule your date on the court docket? Is there a time limit most courts use for rescheduling court appearances by attorneys and defendants? For example up to a week prior, or 48 hours prior too the scheduled appearance can one request the court coordinator reschedule your court date? Thank You for your input.. Sincerely Miss Cherokee.

Miss Cherokee? YOU have a felony now? I thought we were talking about your husband?

First, I would not worry about them discovering your misdemeanor because there is no reason they would have checked. However, why don't you go take care of it NOW? Most likely if you go address it they will even give you time to do so.

As for your attorney, it truly isn't necessary for him to have a great deal of conversation with you before arraignment. I know you are worried but arraignment is really the very very beginning of your case.

Dear Jharris, Yes, both my husband and I were arrested on the same charge I was P.R.'d out the next day, he however was not. It was a big mess. A person I allowed to stay in my home had a blue warrant served on her and she was caught with more than 4 under 200 grams of Methamphetamine.She wiggled the dope out of her pocket while handcuffed and dropped it on the floor.One of the arresting officers seen her do that but it changed the whole reason they were there. I was in another room asleep totally unaware any of this was going on. My husband was awake,and well the rest is history. None of the drugs there were or was ours. Not one. But it being our home etc., they charged everyone with the same charge. My 12 year old boy was at school cps was called cause I was arrested and they snatched him and put him in foster care because they refused to put him where I had designated emergency contact,which subsequently they ended up placing him there after 4 weeks. He should have never been put there,in the cps system. I am appealing that. Things now are on the right track, but the legal stuff is scary. Jharris, my husband is home and was offered a plea, which he took.He got home on Friday. AYAYAYA!! This misdemeanor warrant came up in the mail on an unrelated charge and while I am in court on the 8th of Jan.for my felony arraignment they will find that warrant and remand me for it.The judge for my felony is not gonna like that.. not one bit. he may revoke my felony p.r. bond. I dunno . That is what I was asking. You have been a big help.. got any ideas? By the way, I am now a law abiding, upstanding citizen.I do not mess with drugs or anyone that does. what a mess that can lead to. I have learned my lesson. Oh, yes.

I couldn't agree with you more about CPS but that's another story. I don't know enough about your case to agree or disagree about your husband's plea agreement, but I'm glad he is home after so long. Please change your friends. I"m curious, what is a "blue warrant?"

As for your misdemeanor warrant, I would go directly to the jurisdiction that I owed the money to and deal with it right now. If you can't afford to pay it, plea with the Judge. No one wants you in jail for such a petty thing, they will work with you. With that done you will have no problem on the PR bond. Further, I don't think the Judge will revoke your PR bond he will just arrest you on the Misdemeanor and when you take care of it you will be back out on the PR bond. The judge knows there is simply no real evidence to hold you on the Meth charge.

You really need to keep meth and anyone that MIGHT drop meth out of your house. I'm not an angel or a choir boy (ok I am a choir boy) but I have plenty of knowledge and experience in my background to tell you that you are playing with fire. I feel you know this and understand that I'm not browbeating you. CPS could easily take your child for deprivation for maintaining an unhealthy, and unsafe environment by having drug users and possibly dealers in your home. Please don't play with that match, your child doesn't deserve it.

Now get up (today) and go take care of that warrant. Call first, tell them you want to make arrangements to take care of it and they shouldn't even arrest you. Good luck.

a 'Blue Warrant' is when your parole or probation has been revoked for a violation of one of your conditions on your case. Such as you get another charge, or fail a drug test, or fail to show up for your appointments, etc, motion to revoke probation or parole and a blue warrant is issued....As for my misdemeanor warrant I hope they take payments,my guts hurt and you can bet this kind of behavior that got me here I have stopped. I have turned my life around as far as being law abiding is concerned. Texas don't play and I see the error of my ways.

Good for you dear. Everyone deserves the opportunity to go straight. Believe me they don't want you in their jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back