How did I get my court costs back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegallyConfused

I hope some one knows the answer to this:

Several months ago I was pulled over by a state cop in Massachusetts. He fabricated a ticket saying I was speeding, etc. :cussing:

I choose to fight the ticket. I went to the initial hearing and the judge didn't believe me and told me that I could either except a lesser monetary penalty or choose to continue the fight in regular court. Since I knew I didn't do anything wrong, I told him I refused to pay the ticket and would fight it in court. He told me that was fine but that I would have to pay $20.00 for the right to fight the case any further.

Sigh! Fine. So I pay the fee. Go to court a month later and I win. I was found "Not Responsible". :cheer: That was great news, but the court still took my $20.00. I think it's bull$#@t that I have to pay to prove I'm innocent and it doesn't cost the cop a dime. As a matter of fact, since he's "on the job" when he's there he's basically making money for showing up.

What I want to know is: how do I get my 20 bucks back?

Sure it ain't much money, but it's the principal of the thing. How dare this cops be allowed to lie and then I have to pay money to prove I'm innocent!:angryfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back