Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse How can I be charged???

Omni

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Apparently someone can just bring drugs to the police station and then SAY they were mine and I can be arrested...

After that happened they apparently followed me around for a few weeks but saw me do nothing but go to work and home...

Yet they came to my home and tried to get me to admit they were mine, which I certainly did not do.
One DT looked like he wanted to leave because they weren't getting anywhere but then the other DT with a mean Sadistic look on his face said,"come to the police station or we'll arrest you in front of your neighbors".

Was also charged with alot more then possession, I just want someone to explain to me how this is even legal/lawful I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. And of course my lawyer wants to plea out. I sincerely dont understand WTF is going on. They have a statement from someone who was in possesion of the drugs and that's it. I thought possesion was 9/10's of the law how can I be charged without being in possesion of ANYTHING?
Does anyone have feedback on this or what I can do because I'm furious & confused.

You can listen to your lawyer. He has far more information than we do and it would be irresponsible in the extreme for us to try to second-guess him.

Does anyone have feedback on this or what I can do because I'm furious & confused.

Why this happened to you is there could be a RAT in (or near) your life.

It could be a set up.

It might have ended this way because you allowed the police to trick you into VOLUNTARILY going to their HOUSE, instead of shooing them away from your HOUSE.

Time for you to research and understand YOUR rights:

Fourth Amendment

Fifth Amendment

Sixth Amendment

Seventh Amendment

This law professor explains it all:

More advice why one should never speak to the police:

A Law Professor Explains Why You Should Never Talk to Police

Advice from cops: Don't talk to cops

=======================================

Final comments:

If you dislike your lawyer, fire your lawyer and hire another lawyer.

If you have a lawyer, don't talk to anyone about your ISSUES except your lawyer!

Apparently someone can just bring drugs to the police station and then SAY they were mine and I can be arrested...

Police would need more than that to justify an arrest. You may not yet be privy to ALL of the information they had available to them at the time.

Yet they came to my home and tried to get me to admit they were mine, which I certainly did not do.

It is possible you did without realizing it.... unless you said absolutely nothing. The less you said the better for you.

"come to the police station or we'll arrest you in front of your neighbors".

That definately should not have been said, but you likely could never prove that it was.

Was also charged with alot more then possession

Such as what? This may be why you are being encouraged to make a plea.

how can I be charged without being in possesion of ANYTHING

From the information you provide the possession charge against you seems incredibly weak. There may be additional circumstances you are unaware of that support the charge. Have you asked the lawyer why the plea agreement is recommended?

If you do not trust your lawyer you can always seek new counsel.

I just want someone to explain to me how this is even legal/lawful I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. . . . [H]ow can I be charged without being in possesion of ANYTHING?

Are you expecting that folks here have information about your case beyond what you put in your post?

Does anyone have feedback on this or what I can do

You can discuss the issue raised here with your lawyer. Your lawyer, unlike anyone here, knows the details of your case and what evidence the prosecution has. Your lawyer apparently recommended a plea bargain, so you should discuss why he/she believes that's a good idea. You can then follow or not follow your lawyer's advice.

Back