How are tax liens handled

Ra3Jh30

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I had previously had two tax liens placed on a home I had owned. One issued before I owned the home in the county where I was renting and another issued in the county I owned my home the following year. The tax years covered were 2010, 2011 & 2012.
I'm wondering if the liens are cumulative meaning you owe the one amount on top of the other amount or if the second amount merely added onto the previous lien amount with the more recent tax year. I had been on a payment agreement for a short time after the 2010 taxes were filed but lapsed on payment and had my account levied but reversed due to financial
Hardship (I believe that was possibly mid 2012 because in order to qualify for home financing I had to be making payments on my back taxes). I then was put on an AWD payment of $25 a month. I also believe my now ex made a payment towards my tax debt in 2011. I'm trying to get ahold of this info from my bank including a record of the cashier check I used to pay off the balances since their records go back 7 years and I've been with them less than 6.
I'm wondering if the state will give me records of any fees that were assessed to my account including the $50 payment agreement set up fees. I'm trying to figure out if I overpaid my taxes and if there are errors or problems with the ways the liens were placed on my property and reported to the credit bureaus.
The liens were Henn Co 11/27/12 $1414
&
Ramsey Co 5/22/13 $1864

My taxes due:
2010 $440
2011 $1249
2012 $480

So for tax years 2010-2011 it totaled $1689 (like I said, I had made payments... this would show $275 in payments were made, not sure how accurate that is)
Tax year 2012 $480 plus previously unpaid amount but I believe I was still on payment plan (which adding this on to the previous balance would put the total at $1894 meaning I paid off only $30 between the issuance of the 2012 lien and the 2013 lien which I do not believe to be the case)
I'm also not sure how I could have closed on a house with a looming tax lien judgement over me but I had closed on the house in January of 2013 even though the Lien was placed Nov of 2012 and it had never appeared on my credit report.
I'm still trying to get total amounts I paid but does a potential creditor that pulls my report see this as me having a total tax lien debt of $3278 that had been satisfied or would they think that 2012 tax year was just added on to the previous remaining lien amount? Should the Hennepin County lien have been removed if Ramsey county took it over?
I'm trying to gather as much info to fight it on my credit reports, but as much information you can give me about tax liens placed on property would be helpful.
Thank you,
Tiffany

I had previously had two tax liens placed on a home I had owned. One issued before I owned the home in the county where I was renting and another issued in the county I owned my home the following year. The tax years covered were 2010, 2011 & 2012.
I'm wondering if the liens are cumulative meaning you owe the one amount on top of the other amount or if the second amount merely added onto the previous lien amount with the more recent tax year. I had been on a payment agreement for a short time after the 2010 taxes were filed but lapsed on payment and had my account levied but reversed due to financial
Hardship (I believe that was possibly mid 2012 because in order to qualify for home financing I had to be making payments on my back taxes). I then was put on an AWD payment of $25 a month. I also believe my now ex made a payment towards my tax debt in 2011. I'm trying to get ahold of this info from my bank including a record of the cashier check I used to pay off the balances since their records go back 7 years and I've been with them less than 6.
I'm wondering if the state will give me records of any fees that were assessed to my account including the $50 payment agreement set up fees. I'm trying to figure out if I overpaid my taxes and if there are errors or problems with the ways the liens were placed on my property and reported to the credit bureaus.
The liens were Henn Co 11/27/12 $1414
&
Ramsey Co 5/22/13 $1864

My taxes due:
2010 $440
2011 $1249
2012 $480

So for tax years 2010-2011 it totaled $1689 (like I said, I had made payments... this would show $275 in payments were made, not sure how accurate that is)
Tax year 2012 $480 plus previously unpaid amount but I believe I was still on payment plan (which adding this on to the previous balance would put the total at $1894 meaning I paid off only $30 between the issuance of the 2012 lien and the 2013 lien which I do not believe to be the case)
I'm also not sure how I could have closed on a house with a looming tax lien judgement over me but I had closed on the house in January of 2013 even though the Lien was placed Nov of 2012 and it had never appeared on my credit report.
I'm still trying to get total amounts I paid but does a potential creditor that pulls my report see this as me having a total tax lien debt of $3278 that had been satisfied or would they think that 2012 tax year was just added on to the previous remaining lien amount? Should the Hennepin County lien have been removed if Ramsey county took it over?
I'm trying to gather as much info to fight it on my credit reports, but as much information you can give me about tax liens placed on property would be helpful.
Thank you,
Tiffany

Any advice you receive from anyone but a MN licensed attorney is useless.

I suggest you consult such an attorney.

Back