Hotel Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lun4tic

I am about to go on vacation with my mom, at this CPL thing in Dallas, Texas. We have two rooms reserved, and are staying there 5 days. I asked my mom if i could let a kid i know online share one of the rooms with me just for sleep (i meet him once, about a month ago). She first tells me that she will let the kid in a room if she has one of his guardians sign a made up waiver that doesnt hold her responsible if the kid gets hurt or injured. She bascically doesn't what to get sued. Does anyone know the legal status on this? If you have a room under your name and you let someone in, and they somehow hurt themselves, could my mom be sued? If so, how can we get around this sitatuion so she'll feel comfortable about it, because as of now she doesnt even care about the waiver, she wont let him in anyways.

Not only could the adult potentially be sued, but the adult might also be held responsible for damages caused by the minor child that was within the control of the adult responsible for the room. My guess is that the hotel's provisions are that the person renting the room is responsible for damages and other activities that occur in that room. If the kid is a troublemaker, I don't blame your mother for objecting. In this sue-happy world you don't want to take responsibilities for material risks like this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back