hotel employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

samyra

I applied to work in a hotel. they order a background check. In 2012 I get arrested and charged for child abuse. I been 2 days in jail and then I go home. The case never went to courthouse. I never went for trial so no conviction were issued and the case was closed. Do I have the chance to not get hire because the arrest in 2012?

It is possible that the hotel will not hire you, yes.

Were the charges dismissed?

There was nothing to dismiss if the case was never prosecuted.

Though I suppose it is possible that the case was filed and then dropped ... MAYBE dismissed, if there was insufficient probable cause, but, I would think the OP would have used that term. :confused:

I'd still like to know exactly how the case was disposed of. Florida has very weak employment laws but it's just possible it could make a difference to the reasons the employer could use to refuse to hire him.

OP, this is rather important. Have you been hired pending the results of the background check? In other words, have you had a definite offer made to you and the background check is the last stop on the road? Or have they not yet made an offer?

Did the application for employment ask about arrests? Did you answer truthfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back