Consumer Law, Warranties Hot tub

Loricyr

Jurisdiction
California
I purchased a hot tub 2/3/16 when I left a$3000 deposit. I received the hot tub about a month later and paid the balance of $3112. Immediately after hooking the tub up we couldn't get half the jets working. No instructions in the manual. Had to fight with their service guy to get him to come out and get the jets working. It was a minor issue but somebody should have known the answer. In order to get the service guy out I had to tell him I was going to file a credit card dispute. Next about 60 days after receiving the tub the side panel just fell off and the bluetooth sound quit working. I contacted them and got an answer of, "how did that happen, Lol" not professional. The owner of the company came out and Mickey moused it together and I was forgotten about. No follow-up. About 3 weeks later I decided to file a credit card dispute. Well that go their attention but it took 7 weeks for them to get a simple panel. Mind you it only took 7 days for the manufacturer to build the tub from scratch. In the meantime the employee was talking the manufacturer down and telling me oh, they are having many issues and unhappy customers. They told me that the manufacturer had actually told them to hot glue so embodies hot tub together, this obviously did not give me a whole lot of confidence. When the parts were replaced they are not quite right. Left the side of the exterior of the tub kind of warped. The bluetooth fades out intermittently. He also was supposed to make the drain cap flush with the cabinet but he disconnected the hose so we can not drain the tub now without having the cabinet taken apart. At the time I filed the dispute I did tell them to come and pickup the hot tub I did not want it anymore. they did have a little clause hidden on the bottom of their receipt basically all sales final. Long story short half of my dispute is through and I have been permanently credited. The deposit portion is in an appeals process. So I have half my money back and still have the hot tub. The merchant had an attorney send me a letter with a ten day demand fir payment. So hence, if the dispute doesn't pan out they would have $9000 not $6000. The merchant called me today and asked me if I had changed my position. It hadn't even been the ten days that the attorney asked for a response in. He threatened me with legal proceedings and made a comment that we would both be spending a lot of money for attorneys. I said I am waiting typo here from my legal representation. I have spoken with other dealers now and also found out the manufacturer doesn't stand by their warranties. Do I have a case or an I stuck?

You've had the product for 8 months.

Hard to say.

Only fools speculate about and handicap legal disputes.

I suggest you consult your attorney.

Back