Hostile work enviroment

Dawnc34

Jurisdiction
New York
I resigned from my job by force because i feel its a hostile enviroment .i tried to talk to one of my bosses who would say ill check it out on numerous ocations but nothing was done but basically punish me .i am a bus driver and i had a saftey issue with a bus i called the boss but he refuse to get on the phone and instructed another driver to tell me what to do after a while i pulled over and refused to drive .since then he makes comment in front of everyone saying i cant follow instructions scheduales me to drive with no relief etc.i complained and it only happened more .i have developed high bp in the past few years and at first was on meds but this year i had a reaction and cannot take meds i have to control it on my own .he verbally councilled me because i lost work due to my bp dropping to 87/53 from the reaction he has set me up to make it look like im not doing my job .he has also purposley assigned me to work so it goes into my lunch and i miss my break i feel like i have no choice i went to the union and labor relations and it only mad eit worse

Last edited:
This is the definition of a hostile work environment (what a hostile work environment is) It has a specific meaning under law that must be met:

What is a Hostile Work Environment? (with pictures)

It seemed your only recourse was your union. You can certainly talk to an employment lawyer but don't be surprised that you do not have a case.

Actually i did speak to a lawyer and i do have a case i was just concerned because i have applied for jobs but i have to file for unemployment until i get one

Since you resigned, you might not get unemployment ins. - you generally do not get UI when you quit. However, it is up to the state to decide if you qualify under the circumstances. Good luck.

Back