Consumer Law, Warranties Horse sale Contract default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneRoper71

I bought a American Quarter horse from a man in Alabama that I found on the internet.I live in Georgia. He faxed me a contract and I signed and faxed and he did the same,have both names on the contract.I wired him money for the horse and went a week and a half later and got him due to getting health papers from the vet. In the contract it states if the horse can not perform as a team roping horse or is unable to pass a soundness test from a Vetrinarian that money would be refunded in full.The day I picked him up and tried him he would not perform as described and so I called and man said there as no problem,also had him vet checked and the horse did not pass.I have contacted the man with my info and account number for wire and its been almost two weeks with numerous attempts to contact and only spoke to once and said it would be taken care of by the last monday and then today,Wed. After no money arriving again attempting to contact with no such luck.The price of the horse was 3000.00 and heas was to arrange transportation back to his stables.I am wondering what I need and what can be done to rectify the situation.His brother is an attorney in Ga. and dont wont to go off half cocked and get totally drilled.Just wondering what to take to which court and which state.Thanks alot.

Send this man a certified letter, return receipt requested, and fax a copy as well. State the terms you stated above. If he doesn't respond then you aren't going off "half cocked" and you'll just need to do what you have to do. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back