horrified in hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedup25

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
I had surgery at well know hospital in my area on January 25, 2016. I was roomed with a lady with psychological issues. The therapist came in and spoke with the lady while I was there in the room. The patient became upset and was screaming, which made me uncomfortable. The nurses came to take her for a test I notice after she returned she had a wrist band on that read RISK.

I was not able to recovery without worrying about what my roommate may and may not be capable of. My question is what is the hospital responsibility to make sure patients that are recovering from major surgery feel safe in their hospital?

I had surgery at well know hospital in my area on January 25, 2016. I was roomed with a lady with psychological issues. The therapist came in and spoke with the lady while I was there in the room. The patient became upset and was screaming, which made me uncomfortable. The nurses came to take her for a test I notice after she returned she had a wrist band on that read RISK.

I was not able to recovery without worrying about what my roommate may and may not be capable of. My question is what is the hospital responsibility to make sure patients that are recovering from major surgery feel safe in their hospital?

When you reported your fears, concerns, and worries over YOUR recovery to YOUR physician, the hospital administrator, and the head of nursing; what were you told?

My question is what is the hospital responsibility to make sure patients that are recovering from major surgery feel safe in their hospital?

No, that's not your question.

Your real question is would you be able to successfully sue the hospital for a barrel full of money if a lunatic patient jumps you and causes you injury.

Is that what you want to know?

No, that's not your question.

Your real question is would you be able to successfully sue the hospital for a barrel full of money if a lunatic patient jumps you and causes you injury.

Is that what you want to know?
Yes, also just want to know patients rights.

Successful lawsuits aren't achieved based on what could have happened, only on what did happen, and what damages you suffered at the hands of others!!!!!

Sorry, I don't see a SUCCESSFUL lawsuit in your future.

Yes, you (as are all of us) are free to sue anyone you believe has caused you injury.

The band you describe is used to denote that the wearer has a severe allergy. This is standard across hospitals and there are other colors which denote other dangers. My father always gets a yellow one as a fall risk. Patients are "labeled" based on a danger to themselves, not others. You have zero claim.

You said the matter is being looked into - wait & see what you are told. I don't see a case for a lawsuit here though. (in my opinion)

The band you describe is used to denote that the wearer has a severe allergy. This is standard across hospitals and there are other colors which denote other dangers. My father always gets a yellow one as a fall risk. Patients are "labeled" based on a danger to themselves, not others. You have zero claim.
thanks

thanks

Successful lawsuits aren't achieved based on what could have happened, only on what did happen, and what damages you suffered at the hands of others!!!!!

Sorry, I don't see a SUCCESSFUL lawsuit in your future.

Yes, you (as are all of us) are free to sue anyone you believe has caused you injury.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back