Home Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotrod48

I listed my home for sale about a month ago. A realtor brought a buyer and I accepted thier offer. I have a sick wife who has been in and out of the hospital for the last year and wanted to down size. After I had sold the home we started trying to move and she just isn't able and niether am I. I called the selling real estate agent and ask if we could simply not make the deal. She called the client who was dissapointed but understood. I knew that I would owe them for a home inspection. and the listing broker for some expenses and said I would do the best I could for them. My realtor's company simply said I owed them the 14k commission and they ,I have come to find out have talked the client into sueing me for something called specific performance. etc. they just called and said that they were going to close this deal whether I liked it or not. I never even got a copy of the contract on the deal. I had them send a copy to my attorney( who is now out of town) so I went to his office and got a copy. My wife and I didn't date it when we signed it the buyer did but we didn't. They wanted me to fix a couple of items from a home inspection. (minor). Do I have to complete the sale of this home? We really want to but just are not able to at this time. What rights do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back